Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the weather is gonna be pretty good on Sunday. Is anyone up for a ride? I was thinking out on the East side since some of the East Siders couldn't make our awesome ride last Sunday. I know there are a few members up that way that could lead it. This is just a suggestion, since I don't get up that way too much. Last week was awesome, hopefully we can get even more people this week.

Post up

Jon

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DocThee said:
I'm on the fence, I won't know until later this week.
It will be waaaay to chilly for the boat. Fill your puppy's bowl all the way up, and lay newspaper down ahead of time, its all good. :twofinger

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
That's the only day that I have nothing going on....I guess it's filled...lol I'll remember to bring my camera this time since it will probably be one of the last rides for me.

Jen

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
:crying: Yeah, those pooooooor East siders! Anything west of I-75 seems to be too far for them....LOL jk guys! Is someone going to post a destination? Are there nice twisty roads on the East side?

Jen

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
636Jen said:
Are there nice twisty roads on the East side?

Jen
Yes, the same ones that are on the west side, they call them "On Ramps" and "Off Ramps" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ill ride, all i got sunday is a pre-season ski instructor meeting at 5 at pine knob...so i should be good to go....so i say we ride to clarkston lol.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I was thinking that area too....Holly, etc but wouldn't that be considered North?

If we do go out that way, I can take some West siders on back roads to meet out there somewhere.

Jen

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LuckyStrike said:
Yes, the same ones that are on the west side, they call them "On Ramps" and "Off Ramps" :rolleyes:
The roads we hit last week were pretty good through Waterloo State Rec area. Its not Deals Gap, but not bad for MI anyway. I look forward to some new terrain though.

I am up for wherever, someone make the call.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would be willing to lead a ride to Port Huron again. I'm game for a Sunday ride. I start riding until after noon. If you guys start out in clarkston & make your way to Algonac around noon, I can take you guys to Port Huron through our local twisty roads.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Where are the twisty roads in Pt Huron? Just curious....I have a beach house up that way and the roads I've been on are pretty straight. ;) Is there a map you can post?

Jen

·
Registered
304 Posts
There are twistie roads on the way to Port Huron. Here is a map I made from Algonac to Port Huron. I don't know how good it will turn out either.

·
Registered
966 Posts
636Jen said:

If we do go out that way, I can take some West siders on back roads to meet out there somewhere.

Jen

OMG..... I just about fell out of my chair, Jen leading a ride. :D Still up in the air if I can ride this weekend. If I do it will be out west. The on and off ramps are better out that way. LOL.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Well aren't YOU just hillarious today Gary!?! :twofinger Brat!!

I meant, lead it TO the meeting place....lol

By the way, if you're going on that ride we did a month ago, I'm up for that rather than Pt Huron. Lemme know. :D

Jen

·
Registered
732 Posts
I figured you were referring to SR136. That is a pretty nice road, took that on a Bless the Bikers Run in April.

So Jen where are we meeting up at on this side of 75? Although I always considered Woodward the dividing line.

I still have the route that we took to Port Huron on the Bless the Bikers Run at home. We started that run at Peace Lutheran Church on 24 Mile Road in Shelby Township. I took Perry Street out of Pontiac over to Rochester Hills and then over.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, do we have a meeting place yet, or is everyone doing their own thing. Just curious.

Jon

1 - 20 of 45 Posts