Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm up for a ride on Sunday morning, gotta be back to watch football in the afternoon! I am not sure what Ephrata is, but lets go.

·
Registered
380 Posts
as of 9 am this morning, Weather Channel says 64 and partly cloudy; sounds good so far.

I'm up for it.

Ephrata is in PA, hundreds of bikes of all kinds (and not Harleys!) gather at this old plant every first Sunday. I've only been once, so I couldn't give directions, maybe sopmeone else?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am in. Weather looks tolerable. I think I finally have my (semi) cold weather set-up figured out.

I am coming from Bethesda. Where are we meeting?

Tyler, if you want we can meet and ridce up together. Is it the 4 o'clock game you want to be back for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bob, let's meet up, that'd be good. I was hoping to watch the Steelers/Ravens game which is at 1, but i guess being back by then is wishful thinking...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay looking forward to Sunday's ride to Ephrata., PA

If you guys want to meet up with us in the Harford County area, then we could all go up together.

How would you come to Harford County, 95? I am 3 miles from 95, we could meet up close to there and ride up. This is an early morning thing, if we leave harford county by 8:00, would be there in 1 1/2 hours of country roads, through lancaster and over to ephrata. The bikes all leave around 11:30-12:00, if you get there after that everyone is gone! There is a gas station across the street.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wowsers! Well, here is what I was thinking.

Tyler - you meet me at the Starbucks at about 0640. That should be good as long as you are comfortable doing between 80-90 on the higways. We will jet out to Georgia Ave (97) to 695. The benefit here is that we get some twisties on the way to 70 East. Then 695.

Kathy - you are North of the 695/95 merge? Can you give me a specific address to use for Mapquest and/or directions (exit #, etc.)

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wowsers is right.... this is when it sucks not to be a morning person.
I will have to see how tired I am from Sat.'s ride before I decide on an early sunday also. We'll see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, Sat. a bunch of us from NoVa are going down toward Charlottesville. Check out the roads down there. Oh yeah, BTW, I had a fantastic day yesterday. I left about noon and went out to 211/Thornton Gap and had a blast. :twofinger Ran the mountain 3 times and kept getting lower and lower. I think I even ran into some new rubber! There weren't many people out there and it was a great day. Made it back in time for class. Juat thought you guys with jobs would want to hear about it! :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Bob--yes i am north of 695/95 about 20 minutes. Exit 80 will be Riverside exit, Rt. 543, Creswell or Churchville. When you come up 95N get off at the 80 exit, you will take the exit and go right, you will see a Crackel Barrell on the right. Go to the light at the intersection, go straight, 7-Eleven is on the left, Exon, I think it is is on the right. When you go straight at the light, be in the left lane. There will be a shopping center on the left, turn left into the parking lot. A grocery store called Kleins is there, we will meet up with you guys there. There is a McDonalds in the same shopping center and a Burger King across the street.

Time is still to be determined. Inanima, what do you think?
Meet them at Kleins at 8:30 - or 9:00?

Lunch, we will talk about that when everyone gets together.

kneeslider951, will you make it this weekend?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi everyone.

No, I will not be coming home this weekend as I have to meet with my realtor so I can hopefully check out of my hotel room this month. Hope the weather stays nice for everyone.

Ride safe and have fun!

Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just for reference, as you're going up 95N from the 695 merge, the exits go in this order:
White Marsh/rt 40;
Mountain Rd/Fallston/Jarretsville;
Rt 24/Bel air/ Edgewood;
then (finally!)exit 80: Rt 543/Riverside- this is the one you want to take, as Kathy mentioned. It's about 15 minutes from the 95/695 split, at 70 mph.

how about we make it 8:45(split the difference)Sunday morning in the grocery store parking lot. I'll be there.

Mike, good luck getting out of your hotel toom and into a real place. Hope you find something soon!

·
Registered
255 Posts
TT_Tyler2001 said:
Ran the mountain 3 times and kept getting lower and lower. I think I even ran into some new rubber! There weren't many people out there and it was a great day. Made it back in time for class. Juat thought you guys with jobs would want to hear about it! :D
Well, I have only one thing to say about that :finger: :D

Tyler, have a good ride on Sat. I am heading towards Fredneck with my bro and some others. Leave a message here Saturday night or call me Sunday morning at 301-231-8827 to let me know if you are going to meet me at Starbucks.

Bob

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rain_maker, are you up to riding with us on Sunday? Looks like it may be a little warmer!

Kneeslider951, good luck, hope all works out for you. I will be thinking of you sunday.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh...yeah!! I'll ride.

Been meaning to post, but then I had to walk away in the middle of typing. I want to see what Ephrata is all about.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We installed the intregrator on the bike last night. Now both rear turn signals are off the bike. YEAH! Thank you Mike for sharing the information about it.

Good to hear you will be coming, rain_maker.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, I may not be able to make tomorrow folks. I got to ride today. I also got to wreck. :(

Low speed get off (25 mph). Left side is a bit bashed in and I have some work to do on it this evening.

Hope to see you. If I don't make it to meet you at 8:15 have a good one.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well Bob, I know your pain. I had a little problem on my short ride this morning. Well, it was supposed to be a short ride. Coming over a hill, about 20 mph and gravel all over the road. :finger: gravel!!! Well, down I went and so did all the oil in my bike. Had to get the tow truck. Bike is sitting near Darnestown in a Texaco Station. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Well, I hope everyone else had a great ride today. It sure was a beautiful day for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts