Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ALL are Welcome!

The ride will go from Dundee, MI to Frankenmuth, MI 165 miles.

Meeting locations of Dundee, Chelsea, Brighton, Grand Blanc, Frankenmuth (lunch).

We will have a brief stop in Hell for a photo op.

Ok, I rode the route Saturday (got caught in the rain) for 2008 from Dundee (start location Exit 17 off 23 and M50) to Frankenmuth, MI. The only part of the route that had construction was the little diversion that I took in Flint, so that part is out.

Total time 5.5 hours.

Departure time will be 9:00AM from the BP station, 602 Tecumseh St., on the north side of M50 east of 23 (there is a Micky D's next door).

We will have a meeting place in Chelsea, MI at the CVS, 869 S Main St., parking lot (in the SE corner of the parking lot by the "Drive-thru Pharmacy" sign) on the northeast corner of US12 and M52 at 10:15AM departing at 10:30AM. 56 miles. This is the longest portion of the trip.

Another meeting place outside Brighton, MI at exit 147 off 96 (Spencer Road) at the Park & Ride lot on the southeast corner of 96 and Spencer Road (we will meet in the far SE corner of the EAST lot). At 11:30AM leaving at 11:45AM. 29 miles.

Meeting in Grand Blanc at the Citgo Gas Station that East Grand Blanc Road dead ends into off Saginaw Street in downtown Grand Blanc (we will meet in the NE corner, parking area, gas stop too). We should get there right around 1:00. We will depart there at 1:15. 36 Miles.

Head to Frankenmuth for lunch at 2:30 at Tiffany's Restaurant (34 miles) (see attached link for menu) 656 S. Main, I will depart for East Tawas through Vassar. (If anyone is coming just for lunch we will be parking in the Ziender's lot near the rear entrance to Tiffany's.).

We should be finished by no later than 3:30PM with lunch and everything on Saturday.

I will be going on to Tawas after the ride is done for a visit with Tina's parents.

So who's in? ALL Are Welcome!

Final Note: This is a Rain or Shine Event I "will" be at the pick up points, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Right now it is looking like shine, but a little chilly in the morning.

Hope to see you the 10th.

If you need to get a hold of me 248 320-2579 or 248 561-8183 these are cell numbers that I should be carrying.

Regards,
Steve

http://www.tiffanysfoodandspirits.com/menus/menu.pdf?PHPSESSID=f73f0bc10bb0e15cf4972b697089fbbb

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another shameless bump.

No one can say I don't give enough notice.

All are welcome.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Little more than a month away!

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Steve,

Count me in, providing the ZRX isn't sold by then.

Jon

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got it planned...picked up my Triumph Sprint Saturday...17 miles on it so far...
That's why the name change. Now I get it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve,

Count me in, providing the ZRX isn't sold by then.

Jon
Don't sell the Rex, Don't sell the Rex. Subliminal thoughts.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve, are you going to post the ride up on grouprider.com?
It should be on there.

Since I'm such a cheap bastard I use GroupRider to plot my routes.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phew almost fell off the page!

Another Bump!

About 2 weeks away!

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A Week Away!

Well Gang,

We've got a week till the ride, Woo Hoo!

I'll ride the route Saturday and check for construction and other obstacles along the way.

If you need to get in touch with me 248 320-2579 or 248 561-8183

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I don't know about both?

damn it.... I'm being dragged to the Hoedown that day. Maybe I can still make it to both...that is if my bike is back together and running by then
Hey Chris,

I rode the route on Saturday and including lunch it is a solid 8 hour day to get there and back (I left my house at 8:00AM and returned at 5:00PM). BUT if you want to ride the best part of the trip and skip the boring part come for the ride from Dundee to Grand Blanc and cut out after that portion. Although lunch at the Tiffany is tasty.

Anyway, I rode the route a little construction on M50 not too bad (they are putting curbs of all things). The little diversion that I have outside Flint is out due to constuction and road closure. Other than that everything looks the same as last year.

I have updated the first post to reflect all changes. Hope to see everyone the 10th.

Regards,
Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts