Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ride: Lapeer Loop June 23rd 9:30AM

Ride set for June 23rd out of the Mobil gas station (Mobil 1 Stop
1473 S Lapeer Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446, (810) 667-9780) south of 69 off M24 south of Lapeer.

As always ALL are welcome. Rain or shine event.

We will leave at 9:30AM. There will be a break stop in Holly at the Mobil gas station on Grange Hall and Holly Road. Possible second break stop in Clarkston (I'll take a vote at the light).

We should finish 1:30-2:00. Lunch will be at 12:00 noon.

I rode the route on Saturday June 9th. Got the route set and a nice place for lunch.

The route is on Grouprider.com named Lapeer Loop. http://www.grouprider.com/findride.php?action=default&qs=1&lat=42.81152174509788&lon=-84.0234375&range=150#fr Ride starts at 9:30AM (not the listed 6:30AM started on grouprider).

Lunch will be at the Lakeville Inn (I can vouch for the Fish and Chips, and Reuben Sandwich) Here is a link to the menu http://www.lakevilleinn.com/images//lakeville inn menu 20060710 v1.pdf kind of pricey, but a great location. Also, if you have a pad for your side stand bring it. Lakeville Inn just repaved their parking lot and it can get soft.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
237 Posts
might be in, if I don't get the leash pulled too tight by the g/f.

Is TBD Tooo yours as well? That looks like a sweet route, hitting rochester rd. at lakeville...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I won't be here for this ride...I have other plans. BUT, since June 23rd is my birthday, I'll be expecting you all to call me....lol :D

;)

Jen

·
Registered
960 Posts
I dont know what I am doing this weekend! :D

But, thats my neck of the woods and if I am not un Russia for work... I will be there.

Duner... remind me. :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Routes

I edited the original post.

All the TBD's were proposed routes that I was looking into.

I rode the route on Saturday the 9th, and came up with the final route. It is listed as Lapeer Loop now after editing. (I do want to make one final run to set up rest stops, get the final mileage and a solid completion time.)

Hope to see you all there June 23rd.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Bansheeman410 said:
lapeer to where?
We will start and end at the Mobil station at M24 and I-69.

Mobil 1 Stop
1473 S Lapeer Rd
Lapeer, MI 48446
(810) 667-9780

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll be there. Might even bring my brother along, if he gets a few more break in miles on the new bike.

Also, It's I-69, not US-69.

Bigmatt

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Attendance

So far I have:

fastlaneduc
Flip and significant other
lilrkt and reluctant buddy
Wallbanger101 (weather is looking good)