Sportbike World banner

RIDE: AMA Museum June 6-8 2008 Japanese Motorcycle Saturday

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  usmeiners 
#1 · (Edited)
2 weeks out Woo Hoo!

When: Friday, June 6th 6:00PM
Where: Pilot Truck Stop Exit 18 off I-75
What: Ride down to AMA Motorcycle Museum in Pickerington Ohio
How: The route so far is to ride through Toledo, pick up Route 20 East, to Peru Center Road South, into Mansfield Ohio, and ride Possum Run over to, 30 and then on to Pickerington. Approximately 220 miles.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/

I know leaving on a Friday, just wanted to get close to the museum before Saturday.

I have a room reserved at the Super 8 in Reynoldburg, 2055 Brice Road Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, Phone: 614-864-3880. 52.00 a night with a single double bed. It is about 3 miles from the museum.

Anyway this is the plan.

Back roads ride from Monroe, MI to Pickerington, OH. Break stops in Fostoria, OH and whenever anyone lets me know to stop. On to the Museum on Saturday.

All Are Welcome! Rain or Shine Event.

Regards,
Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
something else that would be cool along the same lines is a run down to mid-ohio during the ahrma/ama vintage motorcycle days july 26-27. lots of sweet-azz old machinery and you get the pleasure of watching me whoop it up in the singles classes :D

#3 ·
Unfortunately I can not make Vintage Motorcycle Days.

I volunteer for the Make a Wish 300 Mile Bicycle Tour that weekend.

Regards,
Steve

#6 · (Edited)
I do not see why not.

Did you like last years route? Dundee to Bay City.

We could try another, let me know and I'll work on it. I'll check with the powers that be and post up. I could throw a little of the Lapeer Loop in.

I will end the ride in Frankenmuth after lunch, unless others would like to follow me on up to East Tawas. I will be heading up to visit with Tina's parents. Man that last part from Frankenmuth to Bay City was windy.

#8 ·
usmeiners said:
I do not see why not.

Did you like last years route? Dundee to Bay City.

We could try another, let me know and I'll work on it. I'll check with the powers that be and post up. I could throw a little of the Lapeer Loop in.

I will end the ride in Frankenmuth after lunch, unless others would like to follow me on up to East Tawas. I will be heading up to visit with Tina's parents. Man that last part from Frankenmuth to Bay City was windy.
Webb - cheeky Monkey...

Steve - I did like that and Frankenmuth sounds like a good idea. May 10th?

#10 ·
#11 ·
AMA Museum for Japanese Bike Saturday

Shameless bump for this thread. Two months away.

The thread got a little off course, but the ride is still on. Also an addition to the original post.

#12 ·
Bumpage

Thought I would bring this back to the top.

Little over a month out.

I am tenative on the Friday leave time. I may be switching sites for my job and may need to reevaluate the leave time to Saturday.

I will keep you all posted.

Regards,
Steve

#13 · (Edited)
Change

Ok, I've made the decision to leave on Friday at 6:00PM.

Route Change.

Heading down to 20 to 23 south and then on to Fostoria for a break stop (fuel too).

I will edit original post to reflect new times.

Regards,
Steve

#14 · (Edited)
Route change

Hey gang,

The ride is still on. Route is changed to 20 to 23 down to Columbus. I did not want to be riding Possum Run in the dark.

This Friday 6:00PM at the Pilot Truck Stop exit 18 off 75. We should leave no later than 6:30PM.

Regards,
Steve

#18 · (Edited)
No worries.

I'll find out if anyone is coming tomorrow at the Pilot.

Phone number below.

I'll try and remember the digital camera.

Regards,
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.