Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rib protection is lacking and there are alot of vital organs in the area.

Only rib protector that i see riders use would be a LARGE chest protector that covers the FRONT side of the ribs, but not the sides under the arm.

The only rib protector on the market i found is from T pro Forcefield. It covers alot that it also works to protect the chest.

I was curious what are people's oppinion on rib protection?

I've read threads on other forums where they broke a few ribs and was painfully enough to say they won't ride again unless they find adequate rib protection:laughing::jawdrop:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Rib protection is lacking and there are alot of vital organs in the area.

Only rib protector that i see riders use would be a LARGE chest protector that covers the FRONT side of the ribs, but not the sides under the arm.

The only rib protector on the market i found is from T pro Forcefield. It covers alot that it also works to protect the chest.

I was curious what are people's oppinion on rib protection?

I've read threads on other forums where they broke a few ribs and was painfully enough to say they won't ride again unless they find adequate rib protection:laughing::jawdrop:
That kind of protection is gonna be hard to find as such an injury is rare, most people break a rib when hit in the chest not from the side (as far as riding goes).

Getting protection is one thing but too much protection makes it cumbersome to ride. I couldn't see myself riding with a 360 degree all around torso protector with full leg and arm armour and track racing boots. Just like a knight in full metal armour mobility and comfort go down the drain. If I really want to be surrounded in armour I take the car/truck. Riding bike has it's risks and trying to strap armour around me to protect me like a car does still doesn't make it as safe as a car.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Cat's got it, mainly. Products generally appear when there's a demand and if there issue is far and few between, there's little demand for products to solve the issue. Heck, collar bone injuries seem more common than rib and I know of few protective gear for that area.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I thought about getting one of those pressure suits my nephew has for MX. it has a nice back protector built in and pads everywhere and a bit of rib protection also. the nice thing is you were it under your shirt and jacket. his has taken some hellashish landings on the MX and flat tracks and seems to hold up well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts