Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about the RF 600? I found a 96 that is absolutely beautiful. Only 3,000 miles and not a scratch or rock chip on it. I don’t know much about the model, however. I have heard things about stiff rear shocks and finicky carburetors, but as long as the darn thing runs, I’ll be okay. I have been riding dirt for 3 years and have taken and passed the MSF course but this would be my first street bike. I don’t need it to be the fastest thing in creation; just smooth, comfortable and reliable.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't have any personal knowledge, but FWIW, I've always heard that they are pretty uncomfortable, though I suppose that's relative.

I saw a website dedicated to the RFs a short while ago. Do a web search and something will surely pop up.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :sad:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a RF900 for a little while. Great comfy bike, you should enjoy it. I loved mine until an elk ended our relationship. Carbs seemed fine, but it was my first bike too.

Good Luck!!

P

·
Registered
108 Posts
My brother had a rf600 and that was his first bike also, but he loved it and he never complained about it once. Plus I rode it a few times and for a first time street bike and a reliable transpo it'll be perfect. Also 3,000 is a damn good deal for one of those. What ever you do be safe.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
A GREAT bike,highly underated,tho'.
Fast and ergo friendly.
Darned shame Suzuki did not keep making it.
Was rumoured to possibly replace the Kat when it came out as I recall.
I have a poster of an RF900 race bike that Yoshimura made hanging in my garage.:)

JIM

·
Registered
83 Posts
believe it or not, ive seen an RF SMOKE everything on the track...open race, cbr900's, F3's, you name it, the guy on the RF was gettin it....been a fan ever since

a buddy of mine bought one about a year later, the rear shock blew once, but other than that, it was great...walked some serious wheelies...and i think it kinda looks like a ferrari bike, with the vents in the side fairing...

it may not be the trickest, but its cool and you can do alot with them...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts