Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Women 'not impressed' by daredevils

Daredevil men, who believe they can attract women with their reckless behaviour, should think again. A survey of 100 men and women by researchers at the University of Maine, showed women are not impressed by bungee jumping and other risky types of behaviour but actually prefer men who take fewer chances.

"Men thought women would be impressed by pointless gambles, but women in fact preferred cautious men," New Scientist magazine said today.

One theory to explain risky male behaviour is that men are showing off their strength and bravery to woo potential partners. But researcher William Farthing said women prefer high-status males to risk-takers.

"So if he has higher status among other men, women might like him for his status, even though they don't like risk-taking itself," he said.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I wonder what age groups they asked this question of. I would guess that younger women would be more impressed by risk-takers than older ones. If all they interviewed were older ones then the results are not very surprising.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
So what about squids with good pention plans? and life insurance?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Vash said:
So what about squids with good pention plans? and life insurance?
:laughing: Now that was spot on :thumb:

I was thinking, maybe younger chicks who are more whorish think they need to find guys who are more willing to take risks b/c of the fun STDs that could be passed on :barf:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I think it just proves women care more about grabbing money than they do about having a good time

:twofinger

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Vash said:
I think it just proves women care more about grabbing money than they do about having a good time

You're close....but grabbing the money is the good time for them. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I agree with the Spicer dude on this one.

But first, that survey was done in Maine. Look on a map where Maine is located in the United States. What do they have - 2 good riding months a year? So immediately I don't pay attention to the survey. :D

The next thing is...they must've interviewed a retirement home. When I was riding back in the states, the amount of vagina that was to be found just by going out and riding in your little group was phenominal as I'm sure you all have experienced as well.
:D

I just have trouble believing anything that comes from a state like Maine which according to 2000's census, has only 600,000-some women.

But like Scott said, the women were prolly a little older and wiser.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And they polled only 100 men and women.

This represents about 0.00003% of the US population of around 295,000,000.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
cookeetree said:
... but actually prefer men who take fewer chances...

IMO, this is because guys who take fewer chances will live longer, and thus be able to purchase more items over a longer period of time to give to the women in exchange for the ever-precious poonanner.:2cents:

Bitter? No, I'm not bitter.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
There are a few things we are forgetting to take into account.

1. The man a woman would want to settle with, and the man a woman wants to bang are not always the same.
2. The man a woman wants to bang, and the man a woman will say she wants to bang, are never the same.

Nay I'm not bitter either.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Vash said:

As a woman, I heartily disagree! I absolutely love having a good time, and before spicersh, I dated a serious squid who loved to do wheelies and race ricers on the freeway with me on the back....

BUT...

Now that I am a mom that stays at home with the baby (through 100% agreement of spicersh), I wouldn't be very happy if spicersh was out skydiving and squidding around. Our daughter needs her dad and I'm sorry, but half a million in life insurance can never replace my husband, and would never replace Miriam's daddy. I'll take spicersh over the money any day of the week.

[/soapbox]

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
spicerke said:
As a woman, I heartily disagree! I absolutely love having a good time, and before spicersh, I dated a serious squid who loved to do wheelies and race ricers on the freeway with me on the back....

BUT...

Now that I am a mom that stays at home with the baby (through 100% agreement of spicersh), I wouldn't be very happy if spicersh was out skydiving and squidding around. Our daughter needs her dad and I'm sorry, but half a million in life insurance can never replace my husband, and would never replace Miriam's daddy. I'll take spicersh over the money any day of the week.

[/soapbox]
This is an interesting pointer and suggests something that clearly varies by couple. My wife and I discussed my riding at all after having our son. I am fortunate enough that she recognizes it as my strongest personal hobby and trusts me to be wise enough to safeguard myself wherever and whenever possible. And I've proven my worth, having avoided getting mashed on more than one occassion.

Since I know you two still have a ride and plan to get it operating again, I recognize you're not altogether different than our family, but where that line is drawn on "safety" is really gray. Obviously we seem to agree that it becomes more conservative as one grows older (and wiser?).

Vash, those 2 rules are HI-larious :thumb: And while you were kidding about the gold diggers, I'll support that to some degree by saying I've known a few in my time. On the flip side, riding was never viable with them since they cared more about being the center of everyone's universe :rolleyes:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I honestly don't mind if he rides, but there is a huge difference between riding and being a squid, and that's where my line is.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
spicerke said:
I honestly don't mind if he rides, but there is a huge difference between riding and being a squid, and that's where my line is.
I promise I won't do any standups in traffic on the Blast. :thumb:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
spicersh said:
I promise I won't do any standups in traffic on the Blast. :thumb:

Wow, gee, thanks... :rolleyes:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Thought I'd relate something that made me LOL today.

Work at a campus here and saw a kid riding along with his beeyotch on back. Typical squid, no helmet. What was funny was the dumb look and gaping mouth.

Uh, dude, watch out for the bugs :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts