Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a little body work once and a while on my '91 accord. The rear quarters are rusting behing the wheels. Since I didn't get approved for a loan for a new bike i had to buy a '89 Ninja 600R. The bike is nice the paint is mint!!! except for the right side where is was dropped.... Now I was wondering if bondo or fiberglass could fill this ?? Then throw on a little paint ?? Anyone have any suggestions before I ruin the bike ??

Thanks!

------------------

·
Registered
380 Posts
yes you can repair it with fiberglass. If you know what your doing you won't even be ablt to tell.

------------------
Ride the Pace,
JD

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the Fairings made of?? Fiberglass ? Plastic? What kind of paint would I use for this material , do I need a clear coat finish ?

Thanks again!

------------------

·
Registered
525 Posts
Use resin and fiber cloth..not matting. It's easiest if you brush the resin on with a brush,lay on cloth, brush some resin on top. If it is a hole, I'd put fiberglass on back and bondo on front to fill it in. Fiberglass will stick to anything, so don't worry what your fairing made out of. Paint is a tough one. Some paint will rise if clearcoat is applied, I guess you'll have to talk to paint shop and do some testing.

Trevor

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Trevor,
They are just deep scratches so I'll try some resin.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts