Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read 2 interesting stories (below). Wondering if any of you have any stories to share. No need to mention names, not looking for a bash session, just curious who's gotten screwed?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So I picked up my bike yesterday evening as the shop was closing. I stopped for something to eat five minutes down the road and noticed that my left hand fairing middle section looked a little orange (the bike is yellow). Strange I thought, but maybe the engine heat tarnished it over time and I just never noticed. And then I thought "Where the HELL are my Agip
stickers??!!"

Upon closer inspection, I found my left fairing middle had been resprayed!! Not even a good job, the paint is the wrong colour and orange peel galore! The dealer made no mention of this when I picked up the bike and was likely hoping I wouldn't notice.

When I demanded an explanation this morning on the phone they admitted that they'd damaged it and sent it off for respraying. Now I'm thinking that this was the reason my bike has been off the road for so long and the rocker fiasco has nothing to do with it!! When they said ordered parts hadn't arrived, maybe they were just stalling, waiting for my bodywork to come back!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I have a friend who dropped his Harley off at the shop he bought it from for routine maintenance while he went up north for a few weeks. When he returned, he found out they had SOLD it. Ohhh, the story just gets horrible from there, but I'll just share that part to show ya it could be worse.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
- Dan

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The worst thing that has happened to my ride is a chipped rim (from all the tire changes).

I hope thats all I ever have.. :D :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
hmmmmm....:huh:.......didn't slaintedan do this too?

darn re-poster! he should have done a search first.:twofinger

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've got plenty of horror stories. Many if not most of them revolve around the incompetency of most, if not all (in my experience) dealers and so called "pro-shops".

I'm sure there are really good shops out there, but so far, they are all Uncle-Joe's Garage Shops. And they are usually really expensive.

I'm not gonna bother with posting any stories. I'll write novels if I ever got started. Ask the Spicers. They've heard 'em. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts