Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new bike saturday and it had a sticker with the break in instructions stuck on the tach face.I pulled it off but can't get all the glue off.any ideas anyone?I tried soap and water and windex but it just kinda smeared.

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
www.zainobros.com

Best car polish on the planet bar none! Sal Zaino just happens to have some stuff called plastic polish. It works wonders.

I'm sure the glue will wear off with time and there is probably an easier less expensive solution but I just can't think of it right now.

------------------

·
Registered
380 Posts
Go get a bottle of Goo Gone and it will take it right off.

------------------
Ride the Pace,
JD

·
Registered
525 Posts
how about gasoline or rubbing alcohol. use at your descretion.

------------------

·
Registered
517 Posts
What about for decals attached to the body work? I would normally swear by Goo Gone for anything, but would the oil damage the paint finish? What has worked best for y'all?

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For do-it-yourself-at-home sticker removal, a heat gun will work wonders with no chemicals needed. Just use some common sense about how hot to get the area and it should peel right off with no residue left behind. A lot of body shops use a air powered "eraser", for lack of a better term. It has a large wheel that spins and basically "erases" the sticker from the area.

------------------

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a hair dryer. Just enough heat to remove sticker without leaving residue, but not so much heat you will burn your bike.

------------------
'00 F4

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scotty:
What about for decals attached to the body work? I would normally swear by Goo Gone for anything, but would the oil damage the paint finish? What has worked best for y'all?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I removed my fairing decals using Goo-Gone with no problem. The stuff is not very aggressive, so it takes a few minutes of "soaking" before the residue comes off easily.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

G

·
Honda Spray and Polish, left to soak on the residue for a couple minutes, also works well.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that,
deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sand Blast it!!! :D :p

Just Joking! :D

------------------
If ya smmmmeeeeeellll what The Rock, is cookin'??

·
Registered
12 Posts
i use a product called DX-330 you can find it at your local paint supply store it is safe for painted surfaces its a wax and grease remover but also the best thing i have found to remove stickers and the left over sticky goo.As far as using a heat gun if you have never used one before be very carful as you can quickly damage your paint you can yous a hair dryer and get good results you just need to heat up the glue and it comes off easier. I have removed a ton of stickers on both cars and bikes using this stuff i would look into it

------------------
Did you put a aftermarket powerband in your bike or is yours stock ?????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts