Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reciently got a 06 R6 and was wondering if any of you yamaha ownders have removed the passanger pegs (not just where they put their feet but the whole metal set up). I want to take mine off to make the tail look better and I wont be carrying any passangers. I was looking and it looks like you have to take the rear farings off to get to the screws? Have any of you guys attempted this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I took off the passenger pegs and seat on my GSX-R. Probably going to do the same on my Duc.

It's been too long since I've taken apart an R6 to remember how the pegs come off, but the worst it'll be is removing the tail section which isn't that bad (half a dozen clips and a couple bolts IIRC, may have to remove the seat as well).

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Not on a Yammi. It was remarkably simple on my Kawi :p

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
On kawi's you gotta make a bracket to hold the exhaust if you take off the pegs. Unless of course you got one of the undertail models. Shouldn't have that problem on a yammi. Either way, should be a very simple mod

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
On kawi's you gotta make a bracket to hold the exhaust if you take off the pegs. Unless of course you got one of the undertail models. Shouldn't have that problem on a yammi. Either way, should be a very simple mod
:D I love my undertail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts