1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
List of ingrediets needed:
1.) Hairdryer
2.) Bottle of Goo Gone
3.) Patience

Just use the dryer to heat the sticker and then SLOWLY peel it off. Use the Goo Gone if there is any remaining sticky stuff.

Did I stress patience?

Good luck!!:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
spicersh said:
1.) Hairdryer
2.) Bottle of Goo Gone
3.) Patience

Just use the dryer to heat the sticker and then SLOWLY peel it off. Use the Goo Gone if there is any remaining sticky stuff.

Did I stress patience?

I just heated mine up a bit with a hairdryer and peeled it up with my nail. Peel back nice and slow, and you should be good. I didn't need to use any type of adhesive remover.

This same technique could be used to remove ugly "ZX-6R NINJA" stickers too....for example.

*calm down, calm down Ninja riders..I had one, but hated th ugly pink stickers on green paint*:D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info.

i grabbed a heat gun from work and used that instead of the hair dryer. worked out great, i ended up using Pro409 to remove the adheisve however i didn't get all of it. there is still the outline of the sticker. i try the googone later today or this week

peace
jeremy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Label Removal

spicersh said:
1.) Hairdryer
2.) Bottle of Goo Gone
3.) Patience

Did I stress patience?

Works good. I also removed the two labels on the frame, warning on rear suspension, sticker pointing to FUEL(duh !), DOT reflectors, and replaced ugly plastic chain guard (w/big sticker) with an aluminum one. It took 15 minutes for the whole job. The U.S. versions of these bikes are the only ones with all this junk as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
spicersh said:
1.) Hairdryer
2.) Bottle of Goo Gone
3.) Patience

Did I stress patience?

I also agree. Another adhesive remover called sticker shock works well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What Stickers?

I will add to the list and explain

1. Hair Dryer
2. Plastic Card (Credit Card)
3. Adhesive Remover
4. Patients

I recently took the 750 stickers off the rear of my 2002 GSXR and the red R's off the lowers quite easily, with a blow dryer and a plastic credit card (to lift the edge of the stickers without scratching the paint) the process of heating the stickers to the optimal temp. takes a bit of practice. heating the sticker first, then lifting works best, because the metal or plastic behind the sticker absorbs and holds the heat while you are lifting, heating while lifting causes the already lifted portion of the sticker to over heat and soften too much causing the sticker to tear when lifted. Then I used a paint safe wax/adhesive remover available at most auto parts stores for the residual. After rewaxing the area the paint on the rear cowl has a distinct line where the stickers used to be, but you can only see it from up close. The effect from 8 feet or more away was well worth the slight imperfection. The "Rs" I replaced with chrome "Rs" I ordered from the Suzuki factory but the lowers showed no sign of the stickers before reapplication.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Another easy, inexpensive, and environmentally-friendly way to remove sticker residue is with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil that you'll find in your kitchen. Once you're done removing the gunk, give it a quick coat of new wax and you're good to go!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didnt read through all the posts but if you spray wd40 on it and then let it soad for about a minite. Then blow dry it and it comes right off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts