Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of others trying out decals made from reflective materials (like Tapeworks' Rimstealth tape)? I'm considering having some done for mine, like "honda" logo and a "v-twin 996" decal, so they look factory during the day, but act as reflectors at night. Good idea? Cheesy? Eh?

Mike

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hmmm mike, might look a bit cheesy but if it doesn't cost too much to get the stickers made, try it out. You can always take them off.
Mind you, if you put 996 on your firestorm, the Ducati boys might have a poke at you !:D

·
Registered
560 Posts
The nice thing about the new 3M reflective tape is that it appears like gunmetal gray, until you put direct light on it and it positively glows.

No, it's not cheesy...unless you think it's cool to be splattered on a roadside at night, or T-Boned in an intersection. If you discretely apply the tape or strategic graphics, you will greatly improve your visibility to night-blind drivers.

A wise choice.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Check out some industrial supply companies or specialty tape suppliers. 3M makes a bunch of applications.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suppliers

Actually, go to www.tapeworks.com, they have their RimStealth reflective tape in several colors: blue, white, black (reflects grey/white), red, green, yellow, etc. I'm not even sure they can make standard decals with the stuff, I need to call, but I also need to figure out if it will look good before I spend $50+ for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts