Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not that I can make it, I'll be out of town..... but that is the same day as Hardley fest at freedom hill and the Gratiot Cruise in Eastpointe. A lot going on that day.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
GPZRider said:
Not that I can make it, I'll be out of town..... but that is the same day as Hardley fest at freedom hill and the Gratiot Cruise in Eastpointe. A lot going on that day.
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure we move the route around it. :rolleyes:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
a'right gotta ask.... what's a poker run :eek:

E.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
DreamRyder said:
a'right gotta ask.... what's a poker run :eek:

E.
A poker run is usually 5 or so stops along a predetermined route. At each one of the stops you get a playing card. At the end of the run, the best poker hand wins. Depending on the run, prizes are available. Every run I've been on it is to benefit a philanthropic cause.:thumb:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
DocThee said:
A poker run is usually 5 or so stops along a predetermined route. At each one of the stops you get a playing card. At the end of the run, the best poker hand wins. Depending on the run, prizes are available. Every run I've been on it is to benefit a philanthropic cause.:thumb:
so someone goes out to these predetermined locations in advance and leaves a stack of playing cards? Who dispenses the cards at those locations to the riders? a teller or waitress or counter person?

That sounds like it would be fun..

I assume you all go to these locations together? (otherwise someone could keep going back to get a different card) sounds like it's all pure luck as to getting a good hand no real method to getting a better card? how cool!

E.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
DreamRyder said:
so someone goes out to these predetermined locations in advance and leaves a stack of playing cards? Who dispenses the cards at those locations to the riders? a teller or waitress or counter person?

That sounds like it would be fun..

I assume you all go to these locations together? (otherwise someone could keep going back to get a different card) sounds like it's all pure luck as to getting a good hand no real method to getting a better card? how cool!

E.
Organizers usually worry about the logistics. The ones I have been on either someone is stationed there at the place (bar, resteraunt, bike shop, etc) or it is just on the honor system. Most of the time it is a fund raiser. Sometimes they are just for fun.

I've been on them both on a bike and on a boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts