Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, July 28, our friends at Helmet Harbor are sponsoring a benefit ride to Heber. The ride will begin at Helmet Harbor and conclude at the Red Onion Burger, in Heber.

Registration opens at 7:00am at the Helmet Harbor, 511 W Guadalupe Rd, Gilbert; and the ride begins at 8:00am. Registration is $10, which will be donated to the Red Cross. The Red Onion will also be making a contribution from their lunch proceeds. Prizes and a raffle at the Red Onion Burger wil be conducted at 12:30.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The $10 will enter the riders into a Dutch Dice Run, which will also include prizes for the highest and lowest rolls on the ride. Krispy Kreme will be handing out free donuts. It should be a good time, and would love to see a healthy sportbkie crowd. Thanks for the thread, Robert.

·
Registered
67 Posts
where's heber????.... is this gonna be fun????? who's goin'..... are they gonna have coffee???? my wife runs a starbuck's... I am sure I could pull sponsorship for coffee...... let me know who's in charge... thx.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in charge....well, maybe ;-)

Callyer said:
where's heber????.... is this gonna be fun????? who's goin'..... are they gonna have coffee???? my wife runs a starbuck's... I am sure I could pull sponsorship for coffee...... let me know who's in charge... thx.
Heber is an hour east of Payson, in the cool pines of the White Mountains. This is gonna be hella fun!! Everyone's goin'. We do not have coffee, yet. If yer wife can hook us up, she will get some free press out of it. We will be on channel 3 on Fri., the 26th, and we will be sure to call out all of the sponsors. If she can get somethin' goin' on, we will be happy to put the word out on her shop. Krispy Kreme will be bringing 250 donuts, if we can get coffee to match this, there will be no worries. Call Kyle w/ a smile @ 480-635-1009, he will be able to get this under control. I think that he is there on weekdays only (you can leave a message).:thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you guys see a modified blue FZ1, thats me. I am 99% sure I will be able to make it and would like to meet others from the area.

I am hoping some of my friends will go (V-max, SV650, and Daytona bikes), but, if not, I will be solo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Damn, that sounds like fun. I don't know if i could take it though. My riding gear consists of jeans/leather coat/JR gloves, and my CCT rattles like a bitch at 4500-6500. Perfect for making the hands numb at highway speeds. I almost want to get up and go meet you guys though. we'll see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Directions

I looked on mapquest. It is on Guadalupe Rd., between Extension and Country Club. If I remember right, it is in an industrial park (i think).

Guess on sunday we all need to be looking for bikes! My friend Jon (Triumph Daytona 595) is going for sure now, and he has invited some of his friends.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's between Cooper and Gilbert Rd!!

That map is incorrect! We will be meeting at 511 W. Guadalupe, which is between Cooper and Gilbert Rd. Mapquest has a hard time with our location.

·
Registered
31 Posts
fire benefit ride

What a great ride. It was so nice to get out of the heat. The guys at Pipe-City and Helmet Harbor seem pretty cool to boot.

Sounds like we raised over $1,000.00, and every little bit helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts