Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay boys and girls, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)has published its recall and investigation list for '95-'00 models. Here's the link:
www.sportbikeusa.com/Articles/recalls.html

There's a preliminary list by make at this particular site, but you can link to the official NHTSA search site from there.

Just a little sideline to this; it was kind of funny that Honda's only problem was an error in the owner's manual. Hmmmm, interesting... ;)

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Is it just me, or does "sudden engine failure" sound dangerous and extremely painful :rolleyes: ? I had to laugh :D when I read the Buell listing...Buell=Recall lol.

All you guys that have non-Honda bikes should try a Honda dealer if the waiting list for recall repairs is too long. :D :D :D

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
42 Posts
I feel sorry for the Buell owners. "Too many recalls to list, chances are if you own one there is recall." That has got to be a bit unnerving. :(

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I won't say anthing....except I'm SO glad I have a HONDA! :D

My favorite one was the Suzuki New Model recalls: "Rear sub-frame may snap and collapse onto rear tire." HOLY CRAP Batman!!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
27 Posts
No doubt - when I'm going 110mph through a banked sweeper in the middle of nowehre, the last thing I want to worry about is having my ass ground off by my rear tire... laugh.

-Sui

------------------
"The woodman does more by skill than by brute force; by skill the pilot guides his storm-tossed barque over the sea, and so by skill one driver can beat another."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts