Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a public service I'm going to post the reasons you shouldn't take just anybody up on their offer to go ride when they make promises of a great new road they found:

1.) This road may be hidden in the middle of the city, taking 30 minutes of dealing with city traffic just to get it to.

2.) This road may be in a residential, marked at 35 mph with additional fines for speeding (not to mention you could kill someone).

3.) This road may have the worst pavement known to man with more road debris than you've ever seen before.

4.) You may get excited when you see a 90 degree turn marked at 10 mph, start to plan your line, twist the throttle and find that your lane no longer exists and was taken over by a puddle of runoff.

5.) You may start to worry when you see that the road keeps getting narrower and the lines are no longer painted, but surely they must know where they're going...

6.) There may be a large truck taking up the entire road because he's found an off road trail and doesn't know how to access it.

7.) Just then a dirtbike may rip down the shoulder and spray you and your precious bike with gravel and mud.

8.) You may start to wonder why there's so much gravel ruining each corner that could have been good.

9.) You may start to speed up when your friends do on a nice straight away, see a nice corner up ahead and get excited...

THE ROAD MAY TURN TO GRAVEL WITH NO WARNING!!!

This could be followed by something from your "buddy" along the lines of, "Oh, I had never been down it this far before.." :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
:huh:

My head is still tilted from trying to read all the italics that was sporadically interjected into that babble.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Whoa kids, what with all the hostility?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Saw a pic of a ford GT pulling a small trailer. On the trailer he had 8 wheels and some tools. Perfect trackday setup

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I knew someone would come along and destroy my analogy with a logical application.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
ROFLMFAO!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard this week! You win a Kewpie doll. :thumbs2:

Vash, a mate of my uncle's used to drive his turbo RX-7 to the track with his race wheels in the back (he'd taken the rear seat out to save weight). :thumbs2:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't tell you how many people I have gone on rides with for the first time that have almost taken me out. Definitely know your riding partners.
Yeah that's smart, I've already had to ditch a few cause they're just nuts on the road. I've found a club that I might be joining but I'm a little on the fence just for that reason. I had a theory that I'd try riding with anyone at least once, but I'm thinking that's one too many with some of these guys.. :loser:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any of you guys do the club thing? I went out with one last night, crazy fun but out of almost 30 sportbikers only about five of them had gear other than helmets. Is that normal? I'm just curious cause they were super nice and really seemed excited to have a girl in the group but a lot of them are stunters and do videos and all, I didn't know if that was a bad sign..?

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
From my experience, "clubs" are a bunch of posers who wouldn't know what to do with a good set of twisties. Sounds exactly like the bunch you found.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm trying to find some new people that I can learn a thing or two from but it's really not easy. These guys seemed like they have mastered their bikes, but I couldn't really tell how good of riders they are yet. It was a little formal, gotta park they way they want you to and talk time is limited, but I'm hoping to get to know a few that I can ride with aside from the club... I don't ride the same as my friends anymore and I need to find better skilled people to learn from or I'm not going to get any better I'm afraid.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts