Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Witnessed first hand yesterday why people should start out on smaller bikes. I'm at training for my job and there was class of new highers having a class at the same time. During some breaks we all usualy go out back and stand at back door b.s.ing. Well one of the new highers is going off about he had just bought a new Honda 919 and it was his first bike dirt or strip. Someone told him to be carefull with it and he just blew them off and saw what ever I can do it. So at lunch break we're all staning out side again and he comes ripping by on it, stops and rips full throttle into the bike. Well the bike wheelies he freaks and hammers even harder on the throttle, the bike the proceeds to flip not once but 6 times dragging him along for the ride. When all is done he's lying there with road rash all over his hands both sides and his looks like anatomy photograph from highschool science classes. So people should just remeber this incident when they think they can handle a big bike for their first one.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ain't spring just peachy?

:rolleyes:

Lots of people decide come spring that a rocket may just be the thing for a hobby. These people are the last people who should be operating a pair of scissors, let alone a race replica.

If seasonal temparature has anything to do with a person's decision to start riding, their driver's license should be permanently revoked.:2cents:

·
Registered
4 Posts
sidewaysducati said:

If seasonal temparature has anything to do with a person's decision to start riding, their driver's license should be permanently revoked.:2cents:
And this comes from someone who is from Arizona.
I'm sorry but when its cold I leave the bike in the garage. My bike doesn't do so well on ice.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I ride my bike thru the winter, also in texas winters are pretty mild. First 2 seasons I had no choice, since I didnt have a cage.
Always slowed down winter time due to cold pavement, or snow and ice. mostly just commuted instead of riding. What always got me is how much better I got by the time summer rolled back around.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
VoodooCFH said:
Witnessed first hand yesterday why people should start out on smaller bikes.....
So at lunch break we're all staning out side again and he comes ripping by on it, stops and rips full throttle into the bike. Well the bike wheelies he freaks and hammers even harder on the throttle, the bike the proceeds to flip not once but 6 times dragging him along for the ride. When all is done he's lying there with road rash all over his hands both sides and his looks like anatomy photograph from highschool science classes. So people should just remeber this incident when they think they can handle a big bike for their first one.
That's a good example of why you should start smaller. All of the original errors might have been made on any bike but once made, that thing went ape shit, as it's capable of doing. The smaller bike (EX-500 or less) may have startled him but everything it did after that would have been much more tame and may have been recoverable without all of the drama.

It's a shame to see but it happens all of the time. Everybody says they'll take it easy and some really mean it,;) but it's the errors that a new rider WILL make that start the trouble. The bigger bikes have the power to finish it... all too often in a BIG way. Start small and become a better rider, quicker.:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
because he was arrogant, hahahahahaha look at you (pointed finger) hahahaha you still have some shit in your teeth.

Hey everyone look, it's Pee Wee on a big bike. Looks like he needs a vespa

but I do hope that the idiot is OK. Fact of the matter is that it's not cool when anyone crashes especially when they have never rode before. that when the ego is so big he doesn't realize that he has NO SKILL. and it's because of assholes like that, our insurance rates are high.

I'll give you a dollar if you kick him in the nuts for that stupid stunt.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
whitelightning said:
And this comes from someone who is from Arizona.
I'm sorry but when its cold I leave the bike in the garage. My bike doesn't do so well on ice.
First off, I'm not FROM Arizona. Just because I'm here now doesn't mean I've been in the AZ bubble my whole life. I know what cold is.

Unless there is precipitation, real riders ride. End of story.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice little story...

Sounds more like a squid story. I'm not sure it REALLY shows why people should start small. I bet you its not that hard to loop a small bike. I've seen 50cc bikes flip.

The story is an example of not respecting the bike. He figured he can ride dirt so he can ride on the street. Every bike is a little different. My 04 R6 might not ride/handle the same as the next guy with a 04 R6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that's a perfect example of an idiot, but not of why people should start small.

You can still die or get banged up on a small bike, if you have a squid ride it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Really? I want to see you loop a 250. I'll send you $100 if you can do it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
A starter bike is no cure for stupidity.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've seen people wheelie an EX250. I'm sure they could loop it if that was their intention. You probably just need to clutch it then rip the throttle to the rev limiter and pop the clutch. :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts