Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on the wheel alignment of my '91 CBR600F2. I recently noticed that the rear wheel seems to be cocked slightly to the right (at front of wheel) even though the alignment markers are both the same. I assume rear swingarm is symetrical (same on both sides) and not offset, so I should be able to align the wheel so that there is the same amount of clearance on both sides at the front of the rear tire...or should I? With the alignment markers the same on both sides, the wheel rubs my fender slightly, and the tire is definately not in the center of the swingarm at the front. I don't want to have to resort to string and a tape measure, but I would like to be on the right track. Also, should a bike vear to the right whenever you let go of the bars?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and be safe!

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tech32:
I don't want to have to resort to string and a tape measure, but I would like to be on the right track. Also, should a bike vear to the right whenever you let go of the bars?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and be safe!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes you do wanna resort to the string. alignment markers are for show (read below, you may understand why).

that depends how fast it vears. if you have high crowned raods it'll start to go right at some point. and if my fork lift driving experience works on a bike, you're tire being turned to the right make it turn right.

i know what the fork lift people are , no. but the wheel would push the bike left and counter steer it right.

if it's really bad, you may not have a symmetical swingarm as you are assuming. i saw an fzr600 with the same problem, swingarm was bent. computracking an f2 may be overboard, but if you string and measure, you may be able to set the wheel and then check to see if it's straight in other directions as well.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try http://geocities.com/cbrf2boy

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Use the strings and tape measure. :)

Your swingarm is probably not perfectly symmetrical. ;)

As stated before, the marks are for show... you can pretty much ignore them. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Tony and John. I have a magazine somewhere that details the string and tape proceedure. I'll find it sooner or later!
Be safe, have fun, nuff said!

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts