Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a colour matched rear seat cover for my 2007 Ninja. I am wondering if anyone else has purchased one of these and found it to be a waste of money? I am looking at about 100 bucks and I dont know that I want one that badly. Any opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Personally I would put the $100.00 into something necessary like help to pay for tyre or tyres, sprockets to chain, even the cost of oil to fuel when riding. Rather then make the bike more attractive.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i agree. it will cost you extra to colour match a seat than its worth. get some flushmount turn signals or something....anything that lights up and is functional :) hahaha

·
Registered
423 Posts
Whenever I think about putting something on my bike I ask if it'll help me corner better, stop better, or accellerate better. If the answer is no to all 3 questions I pass. 95% of the time I decide to put the money I'd have spent on a part into more track time. The only mods on my bike are a damper and ss lines.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
My bike came with one, so I didn't have to make that decision. However, when I got wrecked, that was one of the parts that was broken. I ended up buying a new one, because my bike has become notorious for having the "b!tch eliminator kit" installed (no rear pegs, seat cowl). Not only that, but I personally think it makes it look a lot better. But that's jut my opinion. I won't disagree with everyone else who says spend it on something effective, because that is sound advice. But aesthetically, it's a good addition. And it makes it more aerodynamic too. I think.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Yeah, Kawi's cheap :mad: I'd not buy a new one but keep an eye out for a used one if you opt to pick on up. I think $75 is the going used rate, shipped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got one as a birthday gift. I like the look and rarely ride anyone around. Makes a convenient excuse for people at work as to why I don't parade them around the lot...no seat for ya!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got a cowl for mine. Looks cool and all. Heres why its worth the money to me. I hate giving rides, Im cool with killing myself but just as soon not bring someone else along. It makes it easy to just say, Id love to give you a ride, but I cant, no back seat. Rear seat cowl=100.00---keeping the curb monkeys of your bike=priceless!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts