Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear fender

Nice where did you find that? I found some flush-mount L.E.D. lights but there's not much room between the body and the pipes. I am looking for a short dark winshield like yours too, is it a buell? I also saw a lower fiaring on one of these and it was sharp, but I can't find any that look decent. Any ideas? thanx [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
The screen is indeed off a Buell M2. I ordered it primered and then used an entire can of Semi-Flat Black Krylon paint. It took quite a long time, but it turned out great.

The license plate mount is something I made out of a sheet of aluminum that I cut up. The Dremel really came in handy on that one. I'm working on a diagram of how I cut the sheet to put on the 919/900 Hornet Yahoo! message board ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hornet900/ ).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hondasarge,
Did you ever post that Fender Eliminator mod? The $150 asking price for the ones I've seen is outrageous!

Here's my 919 BMP. ghetto concept!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
REAR FENDER SOLUTION

Here is a picture of the rear fender I made, I still want to put flush-mount turn signals on it though. I noticed your stock mufflers. I have a crazy hint, mine sounds awesome. First thing you have to do is get out your balls of steel. Then get out a 1 1/4" holesaw (this fits around the outside of your small tailpipe) no guide drill bit needed. Next the 2 1/8" holesaw fits just inside the large lip of the muffler back cap. Once these both are drilled, the cover on the back of the muffler will come off like a washer. I then cleaned up the burrs with a small rotary tool and magnet to pick the shavings out of the rear cell of the muffler. Flat black paint the inside, and your hack job is hardly noticable. Mine sounds pretty good for not spending half a grand on slip-on pipes. I am working on a lower fairing yet, I'm not sure how it will look, but it will blow your mind if it does look good. I attatched a picture of the back of my muffler, look closely.
Thanx:
Dirtmod8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts