Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta a ? about my rear brake pads. I just replaced them about 700 miles ago and when I did them I noticed the inside pad was worn twice as much than the outside, so I replaced them. Well, I just checked the NEW ones and now the outside pad is worn almost to the metal. I have about 1/16" of life left!! The inside pad I can still see the "safe" line. Wuts up with this? Is there something I'm doing wrong? By the way, I used EBC Kevlar pads. Any help would be great. I already had the brake rotor turned and I can't do it anymore. I hate to buy a new rotor. Thanx in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Hmmm...what I don't understand is why your using the rear brake so much.??

Your primary source of stopping power comes from the Front brakes, which you should be using 99% of the time.

At any rate, I never had to replace the rear pads...on either of my gixxers...what I'd do is find a straight, true rear rotor on e-bay, shouldn't cost that much, and install it...make sure you clean the pistons in tha caliber...as they may be sticking..bleed the brakes, and see how that works.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I had a set wear out on mine, almost to nothing and I rarely use the rear brake. I cleaned them up and changed out the fluid and I think they are holding up better now. One thing I noticed, was sometimes I was actually lightly pressingthe brake with my foot and not noticing it, so that could have been a factor in the wear. Also after inspecting the brake system, I noticed that it was not totally going to the up position after compression.....this was all eliminated by , paying attention tot he foot placement, bleeding, and changing the pads.....I went to green pads, since I do not use the rear, just in traffic rolling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts