Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In real life, besides the weight factor, the VFR's regulator/rectifier's death is almost inevitable somewhere around the 16K mile mark. It's mounted where it has to endure intolerable heat. There are several remedies such as relocating it, or using a heat sink and a Pentium fan for keeping it cool. A lot of people don't like the linked braking system of the 98-00 models, me included. Other small gripes are limited paint color options, and the lack of an OEM luggage option (for the sport-touring type folks). As for comparing it to other sportbikes, ever see Freddie Spencer on his 800 on the track? :)

Rumor has it that a new litre-class VFR is in the works. I hope Honda ditches the linked brakes and adds a trunk like the CBR900/929.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
288 Posts
If I offended any Honda owners out there, too f*uckin' bad.........Kawi's rule!!!!

Ok, now that I've gotten that out, I have a question. I've never heard anything bad about the VFR. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the pleasure of riding one (however, I have sat on them). Anyways, I've noticed that the VFR is a little on the heavy side, and I was just wondering how well they handle in comparison to more race-oriented sportbikes?

Thanks.

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
You haven't heard anything bad because there isn't anything bad to hear. Actually they are a little on the heavy side and have 600 type horsepower.

They are very smooth and quite easy to ride. In the right hands(mine NOT included) they will smoke 90% of the Kawi posers out there. Get over it, those ugly green pieces of shit are used up like their hero Russell . :D :p :D

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
205 Posts
OK,

you are driving a ZX7R and call a VFR overweight?!?!

have you compared your bike to anything else in the 750 class lately? for that matter have you compared it to anything in any class lately? :p

don't get me wrong i love the look of the ZX7's but you shouldn't call oranges sour when your eating a grapefruit!!!

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MEHLMAN:
you are driving a ZX7R and call a VFR overweight?!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey!!!! Don't disrespect the green machine just 'cause it's a little (OK, a lot) overweight.

Geeze....you try to get a simple answer out of a simple question, and everyone jumps on you because you said Honda's suck!

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Splitfire,

You brought up the overweight thing... not the Honda owners. :rolleyes:

Also, if you think you can come on this forum and say Hondas suck and not get blasted then you sadly mistaken. :eek: If you were joking then I suggest you learn how to use the nice selection of smilies, otherwise stand the f&^k by. :p ;) There is a reason that the Honda forum has over twice as many post as any of the other manufacturers. :)

We all tease each other about the different makes but we do it in jest because they are all good bikes. :)

------------------
John

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
"Real bikes bleed GREEN!!!!!!!!!!" ?????

Well Hondas don't bleed at all! :D

Did your junk Kawi. blow another radiator hoseor something?? :rolleyes: ;) :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm a kawi lover myself, but I gotta agree with RCJohn on this one. I would never come into the Honda (or any other forum) and say that...even in jest. These forums were created for the discussion of their respective bikes not for the cross slamming of them.

I would suggest you temper your enthusiasm for Kawi's to the Kawi forum (as I do).

oh and yeah I think you're comparing apples and oranges too :D

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm pretty new here and I plan on getting a Honda fairly soon but I think it was pretty obvious the guy was joking. Lets lighten up and at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin' Joe:
I think it was pretty obvious the guy was joking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know there's at least one person here with a sense of humor.

I got nothin' against Honda's. Hell, I was considering the 929 before I decided on the 7R.

------------------

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I knew you were kidding but all I have to say is "Ride Red, you goofy mofo." :p

------------------
If women don't find you handsome at least let 'em find you handy.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spitfire:
Hell, I was considering the 929 before I decided on the 7R.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you had a momentary laps of poor taste :D .

John, torpedoes away!!!

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
Splitfire,

If you were joking then I suggest you learn how to use the nice selection of smilies, otherwise stand the f&^k by. :p ;)

We all tease each other about the different makes but we do it in jest because they are all good bikes. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did figure he was joking that is why I suggested the use of the "faces". ;) Hell, I winked at him and stuck the tongue out... at the risk of making Pete jealous. :D :D

I do have excellent sense of humor and I bet Spitfire does too. ;) Can you imagine reading some of the crap I post about people and there being no "faces" to show the actual intent? :eek: Tony, Pete, Paul, Kyle J., Chris, Stacia, Trevor, Green Ninja, etc. would all want to kill me. :D :p Well they may want to anyway. ;)

------------------
John

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Looks like you had a momentary laps of poor taste :D .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I guess I did.....what was I thinking when I even considered the 929. ;)

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Spitfire,

What you were probably thinking was, "I should get something slower like the Kawi, I might not be able to handle the awesome power of the 929 since all I have owned is slow, heavy, underpowered poser bikes." :p :D

J/K - There, Spitfire, now we're having fun. ;) :D

------------------
John

·
Registered
66 Posts
the vfr is a awsome bike, but it needs a bigger motor, if they would make it a 1000 cc it be the perfect bike

------------------

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Honda, Kawasaki...ZX7, 929...who gives a shit. They're all junk.

I wouldn't own one if it were nailed to my forehead! If those bike's were Pete, I wouldn't F*&% 'em with John's dick. What a bunch of candy-ass, my bike is fastest, you ride like sh*t, you can't wheelie, trash talkin' bunch of panty wearing wussies!

You ALL know that Vespa's kick ass! :p

------------------
-Paul
You're slow, and your mother dresses you funny.

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 748_abuser:
Honda, Kawasaki...ZX7, 929...who gives a shit. They're all junk.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume by "They're", you mean, Honda's.

------------------

1 - 20 of 42 Posts