Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: June 4 Cabellas Charity Ride

Here is a link to Biker Bob's HD dealership in Taylor. Every year they host the big charity run for the Penrickton School for the Blind, a very worthy cause.

I thought it might give Redline some nice PR if we got a whole lot of us to ride in this thing.

http://www.bikerbobshd.com/events.cfm

The quote from their site is:
"Biker Bob||s Harley-Davidson sponsors Michigan||s largest charity ride benefiting Penrickton Center for Blind Children in Taylor. This 5th annual charity fund raising ride begins at Cabela||s in Dundee and travels to our Taylor, Michigan, dealership. The cost is $20 / person before May 20 ($25 after and day of registration). The first 1500 registrants receive a special ride pin. 100% of proceeds benefit Penrickton. Enjoy food provided by Carrabba||s Italian Grill, live music, special in-store offers, and entertainment. "

I have been on this thing 4 or 5 times.
If we all signup early, we save some cash.

The ride begins in the Cabela's parking lot in Dundee. There have been over 5,000 bikes in the ride.

We could all represent Redline. We could meet for a breakfast and then head to Cabelas for the lineup.

The ride ends at Motorcity Harley (Biker Bob) with a BBQ, band and so on.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
There's a Redline meeting that day....will we be able to do both or will we have to choose?

Jen
Uh-oh. I forgot...:eek:

That is what happens when you don't look on the calendar.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully, the Grand and Glorious Gate Keepers of Redline will realize the intelligence of moving the date of that meeting in favor of being well represented at the charity event.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Hopefully, the Grand and Glorious Gate Keepers of Redline will realize the intelligence of moving the date of that meeting in favor of being well represented at the charity event.
LOL @ Grand and Glorious Gate Keepers....funny stuff.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt, there are a ton of charity events out there. Some seem to be more in need than others, IMO.

I used to do alot with the Thin Blue Line, the group who supports police officers who have fallen in the line of duty. Then some information came to my attention and while I support them in spirit, I no longer support them with my time and money. I am sure it is still a worthy cause.

I support this charity because they are very worthy and they recieve no tax money. It is all done out of the pockets of those who care to help.

The Penrickton School for the Blind requires that its students be blind and have at least one other handicap. Mental retardation, paraplegia and so on all qualify.

I know that I have a hard time learning and I am considered to be "normal." I cannot imagine doing all that these kids do considering their being blind as well as having other challenges.

Think Helen Keller. I do not think that I could have achieved what she did. So, I try to help this group.

However, as you note, there is a dirth of charities out there. We cannot help them all, so we have to pick and choose.

I thank God everyday that I am whole and in great health.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
.....and that our kids are healthy as well!! :)

I'm doing a Light the Night walk (thanks to Chuck!!) sponsored by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society this year and I've started my own team. We're not doing a ride, but if you want to help us raise some much needed funds, you can click on the link in my sig. Last year the walk in Royal Oak raised almost $500,000!!

Thanks to Jane (yamagirl) who has already helped!! :love:

Jen

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe you could get up flyers for your event and take them to the charity run to pass out. There have been several thousand people there when the weather has been good, so it might be a good way to circulate them to many people in a short time as everyone has to line up and all that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Here is a link to Biker Bob's HD dealership in Taylor.

I thought it might give Redline some nice PR if we got a whole lot of us to ride in this thing.

http://www.bikerbobshd.com/events.cfm
One question. Is there a place to preregistor on line or do we have to go to Biker Bobs? The above link did not have info on that.:confused: :huh:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm, I do not know. I always just register at the event.
You might give Biker Bob's a call (734-947-4647) and see what they say about that.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called Biker Bob's this morning.
The only way to do the early registration is to go to either the Penrickton School for the Blind or to go to Biker Bob's and register.

You cannot do it over the phone because you have to sign the liability waiver.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure if I can make it.

My younger sister has her graduation party that day from 1-5pm. I am pretty sure I will not be able to make it out to Cabela's but someone hit me back to let me know how long this thing usually lasts and what time everyone is meeting up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts