Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RCjohn,
I was born at Ft. Sanders Hospital in Knoxville and lived in Harriman until I was about 7 years old. Swan Pond was my old stomping grounds. I hope you know where that is. Do you know anyone by the last name of Barnes from the Harriman or Midtown area?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Crazeecooter said:
RCjohn,
I was born at Ft. Sanders Hospital in Knoxville and lived in Harriman until I was about 7 years old. Swan Pond was my old stomping grounds. I hope you know where that is. Do you know anyone by the last name of Barnes from the Harriman or Midtown area?
I know of Swan Pond. Those little roads are quite fun on a sportbike for a quick dose of curves after work. :cool:

The only specific names I can think of from the Midtown area are the Brocks and the Stoudts. My wife works and the Harriman Hospital and would probably know of some Barnes folks.

It is very likely that I know some but I spent my first couple of years here teaching at the DOE facilities so all of the names run together now. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad worked in Oak Ridge at the bomb factory or whatever that damn thing is. Is it the National Laboratory? Can't remember. He was also the Band director at Harriman High School in the 70's. Go Blue Devils!:eek: How long have you lived their?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Crazeecooter said:
My dad worked in Oak Ridge at the bomb factory or whatever that damn thing is. Is it the National Laboratory? Can't remember. He was also the Band director at Harriman High School in the 70's. Go Blue Devils!:eek: How long have you lived their?
I moved here in '94. :)

... bomb factory. LOL :D

Now days they call X-10 the National Laboratory. I have worked at all three of the facilities here. Bomb factory might be a more accurate depiction back when your dad was here. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts