Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one of these bikes Would be the choice for the serious street rider, The RC51 or the 954RR?In the twisties of course.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The 954 without question. Back in September '99 I had a chance to study the data on the 929 & the RC-51. Realized the latter was for road racing once one forked out a lot more for the kits & that the 929 was for hwy use. So put down 3 grand to obtain the lst 929 in my area & in Black & Silver colours. Know for sure this was the best move for I still have te 929 & ride it constantly along with a 600 I have. Not the slightest bit interested in the 1000.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I agree with smitty, I love my 929. The 954 felt light on top than my 929 so I would definitely go with that.

SMitty, I wish my 929 was black and silver. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 954 now, and I have riden RC's. I would say that neither of them are made for street riding. There are not many streets that can handle either of them. But there shure as hell fun. I love the sh*t out of my 954... Best move I have ever made. I am going to ride it till the wheels fall off. From what people I know say about the RC, and I can understand this. It is more sensitive to suspension adjustments, but it has the capability of handeling better. Not going to help alot for street though huh. The power is completely different. Vtwin vs. I4 for starters other than that there is about 25-30 hp difference stock, 954 being the better. In the liter bikes I dont think they handle any better than the 954. Ride one of each, that will tell you everything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
UFO said:
I hate to tell you, but either of these will do you just fine on the street. Your riding skills will come into play more than either of these bikes ever will. Any debate beyond that is just a big pissing match over egos.
Hate to tell who what?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love the hell out of my 954!! And I think I4 motor has to be more snappy. And the bike handles like a razorblade on wheels really sweet machine you'll love it!! Plus I was wondering with the new RR1000 coming in 2004 maybe the 2003 954 will be the last year?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you are into short rides the RC will be fine. Anything over 200 miles and you will be much happier on the 954. My CBRs love the twisties, they work great in the big sweepers and the super tight stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts