Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, got a hard decision. I was looking at an R1, great bike, but the Yamaha financing was crazy. I was approved for Honda, and the RC51 was one of my choices. Every one that rides one has had good things to say and basically it looks like a really fun bike. I know it gets hot and it doesn't have the top end of the 1000RR and the ZX10, but it still seems like a fun bike. Can anyone talk me out of the RC51 and into the 1000RR or the ZX10?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
look at the 06 zx10 it's all new design, added features, prety much new everything..... I think it will make a big splash this year.. lighter, more power better cosmetic design, damn it even comes with an ohlens dampener stock.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mainerdr said:
look at the 06 zx10 it's all new design, added features, prety much new everything..... I think it will make a big splash this year.. lighter, more power better cosmetic design, damn it even comes with an ohlens dampener stock.

I just got off the phone with my mechanic buddy and that is what he said. Basically that thing rocks.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
got a zx10, and I've ridden with several '51's. They cant really hang with the 10. Maybe at the track it would be different, but it really comes down to the rider. The 10 is cheaper too.
Dont know about the 1000RR. Hear good things about it, but never ridden one. If its anything like the 600RR it should be a damn good bike. the 10 is temperamental biatch, you gotta spend a great deal of attention trying to fight it. The only time the bike isnt trying to spin the rear tire its getting its nose up in the air.

This isnt going to be your first bike is it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vash said:

This isnt going to be your first bike is it?

Number 7, not like that means much. I don't drive a car (ever), I can get my knee down and drift a little. Is the throttle anything like the R1 on the zx10? Vash, you just got yours didn't you?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Had mine for one season(6mo or so). Havent ridden the R1, so I cant really tell you. I can compare it the gixxerk5.
Power delivery is pretty linear in both bikes, but the zx10 has less throttle responce than the k5. It takes a little longer for the engine to respond to a sharp throttle increase, I.E. its less likely to wheelie off the throttle (That doesnt mean it wont..).
I understand that the R1's have that hump in the power curve, where the power first bogs a tad, and then jumps up like mad. Some people love it, some dont. The 10 has a simular effect around 8k, but from my understand it is much much less pronounced (You have to be looking for it to feel it.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Vash, It is hard to get any facts on the liter bikes cause everyone has so much damn testosterone. I think I am gonna go for the 05. There is a red one out here for a decent price. I will post what I do here. Thanks again:thumb:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
No prob, looks like we'll have the exact same bike!
Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Kawi financing is easy to get if you have some decent/fair credit. They gave it to me. I got my 636 at 4.9%. I never financed anything before.

That's also I nice pic of the RC51, but that is not a stock bike and I doubt you'll be doing that. I like the Kawi. It always comes down to what floats your boat. All of these new sportbikes have all the performance anyone could need for the road.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Odd. Kawi doesnt do their own financing, they let household retail handle that. Same goes for yamaha, and best buy (and many others I suspect). I always assumed the honda and suzuki used the same company...

·
Registered
264 Posts
They advertise that they do. It doesn't mean that they don't sell it off though. Their site is advertising 5.9% now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woo-Hoo, Vash, I tried for the Kawi, man that thing is sweet in Red. Didn't work out though. I couldn't get the financing, even with 3k down. I just have a lot of credit out and it is hard to prove some of my income ;) I ended up going with the 1000RR. Everyone keeps saying that all the I4 liter bikes are comperable and only at the track will you really see the dif. Sounds reasonable. I got the Titanium 05. Sweet:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Congrats buddy!
I've heard great things about the RR. Sure its 0.01 seconds slower, but really, who is ever going to notice that? If its anything as stable as the 600RR it should be worth it.

How is the seating position compare to the kawi?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This might start some crap, but I thought that the Kawi was more comfy and easier to tuck on. I am 5'8" and I could reach the back of the seat better on the Kawi. The shape of the seat seems to be better on the Kawi, but I only have 25 miles on the RRRRRR.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The only thing I have to compare to is a 600, and I always felt a tad wierd sitting on those... Cant say exactly why... Of course honda is famous for their plywood seats, but thats a pretty small gripe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeh, the seat is hard but my fat ass makes up for that:D
I took a sweeper on the RRRRRRR at 100 that I usually take on my beemer at 100, and I felt like I was going 50. I never thought I would find somthing that was more stable than the R1100s.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
A word of warning. The front end will feel very stable right up to the point where it washes out. Just something I've been told...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Not a bad trade off, at least you're going down with confidence, as oppose to rear going whack. :D

Hondas are very stable, really.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts