Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what you think about your local RAT clubs.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Inky we don't even have a local RAT pack,we are trying to get the local dealer to support one but they seem aloof about it.(Triumph Of Pittsburgh)be nice to have one though

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maddjack said:
Inky we don't even have a local RAT pack,we are trying to get the local dealer to support one but they seem aloof about it.(Triumph Of Pittsburgh)be nice to have one though
Seems to be common here too. As great as my dealer is, the RAT pack thing just doesn't seem to be a priority. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Maddjack,

Triumph of Pittsburgh has been talking about a RAT Pack for some time now.... all talk so far.

I have met a good number of Triumph owners in the area though. There is a local guy who is pretty involved in the Triumph scene, his screen name on here is KLRBE and he is a GREAT local Triumph resource - he REALLY nows his stuff. KLRBE plans out rides all the time, good guy!

·
Registered
505 Posts
o|||||||o said:
Maddjack,

Triumph of Pittsburgh has been talking about a RAT Pack for some time now.... all talk so far.

I have met a good number of Triumph owners in the area though. There is a local guy who is pretty involved in the Triumph scene, his screen name on here is KLRBE and he is a GREAT local Triumph resource - he REALLY nows his stuff. KLRBE plans out rides all the time, good guy!
Is that the fella who has the web page(pgh rat)http://www.pghratpack.com/

,if so i reg on that site.I missed the ride that went on last(?) month.Thanks for the info.
Does KLRBE do most of his posting on the GTR thread?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Maddjack said:
Is that the fella who has the web page(pgh rat)http://www.pghratpack.com/

,if so i reg on that site.I missed the ride that went on last(?) month.Thanks for the info.
Does KLRBE do most of his posting on the GTR thread?
Actually the guy who runs the pghratpack site is fluxpuppy...

KLRBE is Roy S. , He owns and operates Jr's Waterwerks, a VW perfomance shop in Cranberry (area.) Good guy...

·
Registered
505 Posts
o|||||||o said:
Actually the guy who runs the pghratpack site is fluxpuppy...

KLRBE is Roy S. , He owns and operates Jr's Waterwerks, a VW perfomance shop in Cranberry (area.) Good guy...
I think I see him motoring around up there ,i know the shop.I live like 6 min away.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jim Callahan, the national RAT coordinator, is supposedly going through the motions to make my fledgling attempt at getting a RAT pack started official. He had me send him a bunch of contact info that is supposed to appear in the next issue of Torque.

I'm Garry Simmons (aka "fluxpuppy"), the guy that started the [pghratpack] mailing list and www.pghratpack.com web site. I don't know what local Triumph owners want or expect out of a RAT pack, but I'm just trying to get the discussion started.

Bob, from ToP, had mentioned Junior several times (aka Roy aka KLRBE) when I asked about a RAT pack. Hopefully we can all get together sometime before next season to talk about it and plan some stuff.

- Garry

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey I'll talk,I would like to see any of these, a ride to or meet at say ,SbK races at mid-Ohio or AMA vintage days.A ride to the AMA muesum.Maybe a standard(during the main riding season) every 2nd sat or sunday of the month meet @ for a ride.Or even a hey lets meet at any of the local bike nights to talk or whatever.just some ideas,we don't need to get fancy,it would just be nice to hook up and compare notes with other Triumph owners once in a while.:2cents:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maddjack said:
Hey I'll talk,I would like to see any of these, a ride to or meet at say ,SbK races at mid-Ohio or AMA vintage days.A ride to the AMA muesum.Maybe a standard(during the main riding season) every 2nd sat or sunday of the month meet @ for a ride.Or even a hey lets meet at any of the local bike nights to talk or whatever.just some ideas,we don't need to get fancy,it would just be nice to hook up and compare notes with other Triumph owners once in a while.:2cents:
I agree that heading out to bike races/events would be cool. In the info I sent to Torque, I suggested having a monthly ride on the third weekend of each month (less conflicts with summer holidays). A different person could plan/lead the ride each month and decide on the route as well as Saturday or Sunday. I figured that might be a cool way for people to do a bit of show-and-tell on their favorite roads. It also spreads the load so that one person isn't responsible for planning and leading a ride every month.

I also agree that we don't need to get fancy. I don't have any desire to be "in charge". I just wanted to get something started and see where it went. Personally, I just like to ride, meet new people that also like to ride and to share info on good roads. Some RAT packs are highly organized with dues and officers and stuff. My idea of a RAT pack meeting is BSing over breakfast before a full day of twisties :D

FWIW, I've been staring at a WV map (MapPoint software) and was planning an overnighter for next summer. I was thinking it'd be cool to ride 50 (west) from Oakland, MD all the was across WV, then cut down to 33 and ride it all the way to Harrisonburg, VA in a day. Stay at a cheap hotel in Harrisonburg, then continue east on 33 to Skyline Dr (north) back to 50 and on to Oakland. MapPoint claims it's a 595 mile loop (starts/ends in Redhouse, MD). Add a couple hours to each day to get to/from Redhouse. Might be fun in June when there's lots of daylight.

Did you attend the Allegheny RAT Raid in St. Marys? I went to the one this and had a good time. I'd like to do the Dragon Raid next year as well as return to the Allegheny Raid.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o|||||||o said:
Is it me, or are there a lot of us Western Pa Triumph owners in this forum?:D
Yup, and then you have your Northern Californian straggler...............:twofinger

·
Registered
505 Posts
fluxpuppy said:
I agree that heading out to bike races/events would be cool. In the info I sent to Torque, I suggested having a monthly ride on the third weekend of each month (less conflicts with summer holidays). A different person could plan/lead the ride each month and decide on the route as well as Saturday or Sunday. I figured that might be a cool way for people to do a bit of show-and-tell on their favorite roads. It also spreads the load so that one person isn't responsible for planning and leading a ride every month.

I also agree that we don't need to get fancy. I don't have any desire to be "in charge". I just wanted to get something started and see where it went. Personally, I just like to ride, meet new people that also like to ride and to share info on good roads. Some RAT packs are highly organized with dues and officers and stuff. My idea of a RAT pack meeting is BSing over breakfast before a full day of twisties :D

FWIW, I've been staring at a WV map (MapPoint software) and was planning an overnighter for next summer. I was thinking it'd be cool to ride 50 (west) from Oakland, MD all the was across WV, then cut down to 33 and ride it all the way to Harrisonburg, VA in a day. Stay at a cheap hotel in Harrisonburg, then continue east on 33 to Skyline Dr (north) back to 50 and on to Oakland. MapPoint claims it's a 595 mile loop (starts/ends in Redhouse, MD). Add a couple hours to each day to get to/from Redhouse. Might be fun in June when there's lots of daylight.

Did you attend the Allegheny RAT Raid in St. Marys? I went to the one this and had a good time. I'd like to do the Dragon Raid next year as well as return to the Allegheny Raid.

I know those two roads good ride,we could also do a rt 219 down thru WVa very intresting,goes past greeen banks,cassRR ect ,could stay at the cass,snowshoe area or futrther south.219 runs up and down the ridges,i sometimes use it to hook into US60 to go to VIR,figuring a loop wouldn't be to hard.Us 60 is beautiful also running from beckley all the way to Buena Vista Va and beyond.i know some intresting roads in Ohio also,if you go down Us22 after Cadiz ,hook into ohio 800 south its fun then you can run into Mareetta on 7 then go north on RT26(covered Bridge Senic byway) a loop here wouldn't be bad either.
Although we are set up as a news group how about using this site as an imformal posting place for info on rides,hey what you doing this week end ect?I figure that me or who ever could say hey I'll be at the Kings at this location at time and we could go for a ride ,talk route ect over breakfast ,coffie whatever.

·
Registered
505 Posts
o|||||||o said:
Is it me, or are there a lot of us Western Pa Triumph owners in this forum?:D
yes there are and I am glad to see a bit of traffic here,you think any of the ideas we are floating are worth while?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Inky said:
Yup, and then you have your Northern Californian straggler...............:twofinger
its good to get the view from the land of fruit and nuts:twofinger

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maddjack said:
Although we are set up as a news group how about using this site as an imformal posting place for info on rides,hey what you doing this week end ect?I figure that me or who ever could say hey I'll be at the Kings at this location at time and we could go for a ride ,talk route ect over breakfast ,coffie whatever.
That was primary purpose of me creating the [pghratpack] mailing list, which I believe you are subscribed to. I trust you have been getting messages this summer. I don't think Jeep, TeaBagger, or KLRBE are subscribed though. We could certainly use this forum as a web-based meeting place if the non-PA readers don't mind some local traffic. I've also posted my weekend rides on the GTR forum on SBW.

- Garry

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maddjack said:
its good to get the view from the land of fruit and nuts:twofinger
You got that right, now am I a fruit or a nut????????????

I'm just kinda freaked out that somebody else is posting here. I'm speechless!!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Inky said:
I'm just kinda freaked out that somebody else is posting here. I'm speechless!!!!!!
The T595.net web forums are busy with the TriumphRat.net web forums catching up. The T595 ones have a strong UK following. I know there are others out there too (cycleworld, tt600.com, etc, etc).

It could just be that the world doesn't need yet another Triumph forum to check... I popped over on a whim from the GTR forum and figured I'd hang out a bit to see who else was here. Turns out it's mostly people from over there :)

- Garry

·
Registered
505 Posts
fluxpuppy said:
That was primary purpose of me creating the [pghratpack] mailing list, which I believe you are subscribed to. I trust you have been getting messages this summer. I don't think Jeep, TeaBagger, or KLRBE are subscribed though. We could certainly use this forum as a web-based meeting place if the non-PA readers don't mind some local traffic. I've also posted my weekend rides on the GTR forum on SBW.

- Garry
thats why i asked,there might be people who don't know yet if they want to sign up for a news group so i thought posting here would help them decide without having to sign up.i need to check GTR more often but I didn't want to clog that area as i am not a GTR member.The majority of traffic here is us local folks, i don't think anyone will mind as long as we throw a Pa or pgh in the title.i only joined the news group at the end of summer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts