Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of a rare Enduro bike that was preserved new over the years.
This particular bike has never been ridden!
Can you find the brand and model?
Aris

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is a 1975 Rokon RT340. :D

A new 1975 RT 340 Brand new RT from Jim&Jim's. They never sold this bike. Never even started it. Rolled it in and out of dealership for 10 years, racked up 4 miles just rolling it in and out each day. Wes traded it to Rick Doughtey for an Ossa Phantom and traded the Phantom for a Ossa 350 MAR (new 1975) the same day. Rick has this for sale now for $3500.00
Another view of the new RT 340

Link source:

http://rokonron.50megs.com/pictures.htm

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Andy, you have to tell the rest of us how you found this, and all the previous trivias as well :)
You are right of course....again :crying:

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The funny part is that this Rokon bike is automatic!
Here is the original picture:

Aris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rokon RT 340

The pic is of a Rokon RT 340. The wonderful pull start, automatic motorcycle. In the 70's the United States sent a team to the ISDT using these bikes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Andy said:
That is a 1975 Rokon RT340. :D

A new 1975 RT 340 Brand new RT from Jim&Jim's. They never sold this bike. Never even started it. Rolled it in and out of dealership for 10 years, racked up 4 miles just rolling it in and out each day. Wes traded it to Rick Doughtey for an Ossa Phantom and traded the Phantom for a Ossa 350 MAR (new 1975) the same day. Rick has this for sale now for $3500.00
Another view of the new RT 340

Link source:

http://rokonron.50megs.com/pictures.htm
Andy, do you spend much time north of San Fran?
I just have to shake my head that you know the history of that bike in the picture. Funny thing is , I thought Jim & Jim's were out of business :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts