Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too many sportbikes in Miami and particularly in my neighborhood I see none. I do draw a lot of attention when I ride it around my neighborhood and today I noticed something thats freaking me out.

I go behind my building to check on my bike and the tarp was half off and backwards (logo I always put facing front and it was actually backwards and inside-out). Anyhow, I'm assuming it was a bunch of kids since you have to be quite a retarded adult to not put a simple tarp back on the right way.

I live in apartment building on the top floor and they have no garage unfortunately so I can't put the bike in a garage.

Is anyone in a similar situation? What should I do to hopefully avoid people tampering with my bike like tonight?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi Revelation715-

Random strangers sitting on your motorcycle is putting it mildly. It could have also been dirtbags "casing" your bike for a theft when they were disturbed by passersby or something.

Can you rent a secure spot? What about storing the motorcycle with family or friends who have a garage somewhere nearby. You could sweeten the deal by offering them fifty bucks a month cash for their trouble.

In the meantime, make certain the bike is completely locked-up!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Re: strangers

sixer said:
Consider Blue Jay's suggestions, but if you don't have any of those options look into alarm with a remote paging system...... www.scorpioalarms.com
Even if you do have those options I'd suggest getting a Scorpio anyway. It's a great alarm.. it's got perimiter/tilt/shock sensors and an ignition alarm. A couple times I've forgot that my alarm is on and I just stick my key in and the alarm goes off as I frantically search my pockets for the pager. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
HAHA, two of my buddies have that and I mess with their alarms all the time when they are at the apartment. Its funny cause there's a small cat that sets the proximity sensors all the time and pisses everyone off.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking Miami=crime. Theft should be your first concern, with kids playing on it a distant second. Besides, an alarm will deal with both groups to some degree.

Just remember that an on-street bike in a city can be taken regardless of the security measures you put into place. Create more of a deterrant than other rides and hope for the best.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
+1 on the scorpio. There is a member here that posted about someone sitting on his bike, and followed it up with his chain being cut and the bike stolen (lockup chain not drive chain)

Keep in mind, that alarms, like locks, will stop everyone but a thief. Insurance is best.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use a disk brake lock front and rear on my vfr800.

It would take some pretty strong guys to carry off a vfr800.
I thought about an alarm but for now locking both rotors and
ignition lock will have to do..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know I'm vearing off course here slightly, but the topic gave me a flashback that still gets me worked up. A few years back, when my bike was just a few months old, I come out of this restaurant/bar and find some drunken, idiot biatch sitting on my bike making vroom vroom noises while her moron husband and retarded offspring egg her on. I was so dumbfounded at first that all I could do was stare. I managed to choke back my outrage long enough to attempt to explain to them how fukking stupid they all were. "What would you do if you came out and found somebody sittting in your car?" "Would you call the police?" "Do you have any idea how easy it is to damage the finish on that gas tank with your zipper, belt buckle, or those fancy buttons on your sweater?" "Do you know how easy it is to accidentally tip that bike over, especially when you're intoxicated, wearing spiked heels and have obviously never driven a motorcycle?"

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and/or inconsiderate some people are. I don't know if the problem is getting worse or if I'm just getting less tolerant. Probably both. Well, people suck.

I feel much better now. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Man, if I ever come out of somewhere and see someone sitting on my bike there'll be hell to pay. Though, I think a smart thing to do is wait until they're off the bike to start beating the shit out of them since you don't want them to be so scared they knock your bike over while getting off! :p

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
It'll be worth it having a bike knocked over. Kinda like the line from pulp fiction. Its worth having your car keyed if you can just catch the guy doing it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are those kind of situations covered by insurance? Anti-retard protection?

I really wouldn't pursue ass kickery because I don't want to get arrested. I work at a law firm - and I don't think they will be too happy having to bail me out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
O yeah. There are times when you have to have some restraint. But I can remember several occassions when my mind was saying no don't do it, but the body won't cooperate. As in one case I had just bought a brand new van... still had that new car smell......some F'ing broad snapped my attenna in half right in front of me because I asked her to move out the street so I could get by.She was with her husband at the time. I didn't even have time to think. I jumped out the van so fast. I kicked that F'ing bitch so hard she dropped to the ground. Then came hubby's turn who by was freaking out by then that I had layed his wife out.That day I had lost my mind but I was able to get away without any consequences--which isn't always the case. Fuck with people's property or loved ones & get caught, you deserve what's coming to you.:D

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
while understandable, beating up women is not cool

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Vash said:
while understandable, beating up women is not cool
Neither is deliberately damaging someone else's personal property because you have an attitude problem.

Some people just need their asses kicked.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I 'm not saying that what I did was right, but peole don't & can't & won't always turn the other cheeck when you're getting "F" ed by someone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"I jumped out the van so fast. I kicked that F'ing bitch so hard she dropped to the ground. "-sixer
Even though I don't agree with "hitting" a woman (flash to chris rock- "i'd choke a bitch"). I have heard & seen worse, but I must say that was the funniest shit I've read today...lol. I Do agree that sometimes ppl just need an ass whoopin for stupid shit they do/done. Never been tested yet, don't know if its the "young black male w/ braids & gold grill" stigma. I'm pretty sure I'd snap if I caught them in the act. Don't have too much self control in that dept (reason why I keep a lock on my glock).
p.s. sorry about some of it rhymed, didn't mean to do in. "No I'm NOT a rapper"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts