Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i got 2 brand new 7 some foot aluminum ramps that are awesome, they curve at the top so that your bike doesnt scrape, i paid like 120 shipped for both, ill see if i can find the auction...hell of a deal, they havent failed me yet

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you want the absolute cheapest possible ramp, buy a 2x8 (or 2x10) and a ramp kit (Google "ramp kit" to see what I'm talking about) at any decent hardware store. Total cost well under $50. This is what I use because I am a cheapskate. ;)

If you're loading onto a trailer it'll work fine. Going into a truck bed? Not so great.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
almightys said:
habor freight.
sign up for thee news letter and you'll get a 10-15% off coupon. The ramps they had there looked good for a sportbike and were way under $100
+1

·
Registered
317 Posts
shasta mcnasty said:
If you want the absolute cheapest possible ramp, buy a 2x8 (or 2x10) and a ramp kit (Google "ramp kit" to see what I'm talking about) at any decent hardware store. Total cost well under $50. This is what I use because I am a cheapskate. ;)

If you're loading onto a trailer it'll work fine. Going into a truck bed? Not so great.
Good post . You and I think alike.lol I went to home depot to see if i could find some products to put a ramp together.Plenty of 4X8's but that was about it. The ramp kit will work fine being that my trailer is an open 4x6.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ramp kits work fine with trailers, heck i used to use just a plank no ramp kit to put bikes in my trailer. however, if you are using a truck, no matter what your bike will scrape, even if you dont have fairings, i can guarantee bubba that your f2 will scrape, remember puttin that one in the back of my s10 with a plank? yeah the next day i bought ramps cause i was so sick of doin that. but honestly, ill give you that ramp kit for like 10 bucks cause i paid like 20 for it, and you can make a real cheap ramp. but if you wanna protect the bike, cause your f2 looked really nice, i would get real ramps, its a good investment. like i said, mine were like 120 for 2 ramps, and im glad i have 2...one to walk up and one for the bike, makes it so easy.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
oh man, TONS on ebay...and i lied, i paid 82.99 + 20 shipping for mine, so 103 bucks for both ramps brand new. there are tons on there, just search "atv ramps" there are some for like 75 bucks and stuff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright thanks for the info. i will check ebay again. i didn't even want to try to put my bike in the f150 the way we did with your s10. much higher

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
http://www.atvramps.com/

They don't have bad prices, find someone to go in on a pair with you and you will save some dough. I think I got mine for $65 (single) because I split a pair with someone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
TSC (Tractor supply company) has a good selection of Aluminum ramps.

I have one that folds in half and has a tread plate top and it was like $60 but that was 5 or 6 years ago.

I'm pretty sure they have a web site.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I bought three arched ones from Lowes. I can use them for tractors into the bed of the truck, as well as power-walk my bike up into the bed without fear of falling. They were $80 each IIRC, but well worth it. IIRC, they're rated for 750 or 800 lbs each.

-Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts