Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc and I were talking and I thought I might as well post it up. Does anyone use Frog Toggs for wet riding? I hear it's the way to go. I figure before picking some up I'd ask. I have a rain liner for my mesh pants and jacket and it works fairly well, but still leaks through the zipper and a few other places. Post up your thoughts! Thanks

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
My textile jacket has kept out some pretty decent rain, at highways speed. I use Dririder Nordic pants. They have a side entry, so there's no zip in the front. These have also held up under pressure.

Can't help you with info re: Frog Toggs, sorry. :D

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Try riding naked... it works for me in the rain:twofinger J/K I wear my textile with its waterproof liner and just regular pants. As long as I'm moving air keeps the water off my pants.

Sepias

·
Registered
264 Posts
A riding buddy has a set, he swears by them.
On a recent trip to FLA (1150mi, 17hrs) it rained from detroit to the middle of kentucky, sometimes pretty hard. He never got wet!
They're on my short list of things to buy.

Matt

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Clay uses Teknic and has never had a problem. He said he got it at Rec. Choko rain boot covers....$ 17.00 or so at Rec too.

Jen

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know about the Aerostich and it is very cool...but yes expensive...and warmer than I want to be in the summer time. All mesh is what I prefer, but with rain protection. I have that now but it would be nice if I had something that went over the mesh stuff so not only am I dry but the mesh stuff is as well...and folds up nice and small. Tourmaster elite stuff is supposed to be good too. Seems so thick a material though.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
a roll of suranwrap :twofinger Cheap - Effective - Disposable :p

j/k I wouldn't mind picken me up something as well that could store for those JUST IN CASE 2 HR AWAY FROM HOME MOMENTS :D

E.
but not for $ 700 :eek:

·
Registered
839 Posts
There are a lot of good suits that keep rain out, but most of them don't let out moisture from your body. You might not get wet from the rain, but you get wet on the inside from your own body moisture. Fabric (nylon) rain gear lined with gortex will let your body moisture out as well as keeping the rain out. If you search, you can find some other gear that is lined with gortex, but doesn't cost as much as Aerostich.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
almightys said:
yeah what about a few garbage bags???
Good enough to get you to where you are going to??
yeah there might not always be a blow dryer available to dry those pants where you're headin :twofinger

E.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Chuck, my gortex rain gear is just fine in the summer. When it's raining, it ususally gets cooler, too. I haven't yet been too hot while wearing it during the rain. With all of the fleece lining taken out for the summer, it is just a nylon shell. There are openings that you can zip open/closed to let air in when it is really hot. Than keep air flowing through and keeps you cool even if it is 85 outside.

·
Registered
966 Posts
A buddy I ride with uses frog toggs and swears by them. fold up nice and small when not in use. Have been thinking of getting a set myself. I use a normal rain suit that I had for my boat. Still folds up small enough to put under my seat. As Wayne said it usually gets colder with the rain so breathability has not been an issue with me yet. Did 400 miles in the rain in WV last year with just the standard suit, no problems at all. Gortex rules! If you buy a jacket with gortex you wont have to wory about a rain suit. I have a pair of gortex boots and have never gotten a drop of water in them. My old plain leather boots would be soaked through after 10 miles in the rain.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a Teknic PVC rain suit, it's effective but bulky to store. I keep it in one of my soft saddlebags (the best rainsuit is of course useless if it's not available when the rain starts) and it pretty much fills it up. The nylon ones fold up much smaller, is that what the Frogg Toggs are made from?

Still trying to get the image of Eunice wrapped up in Saran Wrap outta my head... :eek:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: $700 Aerostich suits...a 'stich isn't just a rain suit, it's an everyday riding suit that has very good water resistance. Plus good venting. Plus all kinds of rockin' accessories and you can even get it custom tailored.

I don't have one but wish I did. :mad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts