#1 ·
This is a racer from the 60s.
Can you identify the bike?

Aris

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Maddjack said:
I will say Its a 350 Honda,and am probley wrong;)
Maddjack you re right in saying that you re probably wrong :D

It is a GP 4 cylinder bike, but none of the ones you mentioned...not even close.
As I said this is a difficult one. Tell me if I you need a hint.

Aris

#8 ·
It isn't a Benelli or a Yamaha...
It's a really rare beast that raced in GPs with some success, it was the effort of a country with almost no GP background until then. (hint, it means it's not Italian, Japanese, British, German...)

Aris

#10 ·
ariszr7 said:
It isn't a Benelli or a Yamaha...
It's a really rare beast that raced in GPs with some success, it was the effort of a country with almost no GP background until then. (hint, it means it's not Italian, Japanese, British, German...)

Aris
thankyou for the hint Aris,
going from the info you gave I would say its a CZ (i'll stick my neck out here) the 350 v-4

#12 ·
Maddjack said:
thankyou for the hint Aris,
going from the info you gave I would say its a CZ (i'll stick my neck out here) the 350 v-4
You re welcome Maddjack :)
Nice try this time...but it's not a CZ.
You re going to the right direction though (geographically...hint).
You just need to go a bit further.
As I said earlier, this is a difficult trivia, I didn't know about the existence of this bike until recently!

Aris

#16 ·
If it is... A russian made GP bike!! wow.The only maker i know of is Ural,I have little knowlege of machines manufactured behind the Iron curtain (other than the ones I mentioned).I have to hand it to you Aris,this is one of the best Trivia threads ever.:thumb:
After this one (thread ) is done if you have any knowlege of this machine would you share it??

#17 ·
More hints...

Maddjack said:
If it is... A russian made GP bike!! wow.The only maker i know of is Ural,I have little knowlege of machines manufactured behind the Iron curtain (other than the ones I mentioned).I have to hand it to you Aris,this is one of the best Trivia threads ever.:thumb:
After this one (thread ) is done if you have any knowlege of this machine would you share it??
I'm glad youenjoy this trivia :)
I wouldn't say it's the best so far, but it's certainly a good one! If you go back a few months in the trivia forum you'll see a lot of really interesting trivias.
Unfortunately I was too busy for a while (got married and had a baby!) and the forum died....
I'm trying to revive it these days and anyone can post here their own trivia! Please....

OK back to the Russian GP Bike, YES it is Russian!
This effort was the best ever from that side of the world.
'the maximum expression of the Russians in the motorcycle technology' as my source mentions.

Of course I will share my knowledge, the point of this forum is to entertain and learn some motorcycle history!
This bike was a 250km/h GP weapon in the 60s!

Here is another pic.

Aris

Attachments

#18 ·
Aris do you have any idea who rode the machine?I never knew it existed till now.I may have some trivia to post here,do i need to go thru you or just put it up?

#19 ·
Maddjack said:
Aris do you have any idea who rode the machine?I never knew it existed till now.I may have some trivia to post here,do i need to go thru you or just put it up?
I know who rode the machine but if I give it away it's the end of the trivia.
I'll keep trying to help by giving some hints for a while ;)

Post your trivia, it's an open forum! :)

Aris

#20 ·
Heyyyyy Aris,
I think I have it:D Its a Vostok S-565 developed by the Vniimotoprom to compete in gp(i finally broke down and searched the web) I am still looking for the rider.I found a neat site on Russian motorcyles(one you probley know about since it has that second picture);)

#21 ·
Maddjack said:
Heyyyyy Aris,
I think I have it:D Its a Vostok S-565 developed by the Vniimotoprom to compete in gp(i finally broke down and searched the web) I am still looking for the rider.I found a neat site on Russian motorcyles(one you probley know about since it has that second picture);)
Congratulations Maddjack, you got it this time!
The rider was Nikolai Sevostianov.
Here is the website with all info I could find:
http://digilander.libero.it/cuoccimix/ENGLISH-automotorusse-vostok.htm
The history of an effort which was doomed to be stopped early...
Aris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.