Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any racing circuits that come to the valley, and will the AMA ever run firebird. I was talking w/Roger Lee Hayden at Pyramid brewery (bike night) in Berkley. He said he tested/practiced at firebird and loves the track; and hopes they run there some day. :confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
ama in Phoenix

The AMA used to hold races at PIR, but that ended a long, long time ago. If they do return to the valley, I think it will be at Phoenix Motorsports Park...a new track being built adjacent to Luke Air Force Base. No word yet on dates of completion for that track yet, though. Fortunately, there are NO plans for an oval at the proposed site. It's all road course. 16 turns, and I think it's around 3 miles long. (see article in Roadracing World-July-I think.)

If the AMA ever wanted to hold an event at Firebird East, a whole lot of spectator seating and garages would have to be built, y'know? It sucks that the only MAJOR event(s) we get here as far as motorsport is concerned is NASCAR (puke). Hopefully Phoenix Motorsports Park will become a reality and we start to get alot more prestige in the racing world. Untill then, remember that CCS races are here and are alot of fun to watch and participate in. But I do hope that the AMA comes here again. PEACE!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts