Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a full race-fairing on the new R1. In yellow and blue it looks the business...:D

However, not all is good, I'm using the full rear race-fairing, ie. with a built in seat (if you want to call it that) and it is more than 5 cm higher up than the stock seat. Not only can't I touch the ground with my heels but it's also damned uncomfortable.

I went to PG on Sunday to run the R1 in, I did about 25-30 laps and the high seat is reasonably OK on the track once you get used to it but on the road it is a real pain. :crying: :crying:

I just wonder, what's the point of having the seat so high?:confused:

Unfortunately there seems to be no way of lowering it so it looks like i'm stuck with it.
:eek:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Lets see a pic

Lets have a butchers then YP:drool:
Who is you main sponsor this year? Pizza Hut?Burger King?Chans Chicken Rice?:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
In the absence of Chumster

I could take over as you marketing manager:)
Lets have a look at your USP, old, scandanavian, cool under pressure.
Your a bit like a mature Kimi Raikkonen;) How about we try for a deal with one of these two.
If you want to stick with food try......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The only thing i can think off

is
A/ Your a moron and you've put it on wrong
B/ some are higher cos normally you only use neoprene seat ( 10 mm) and not the normal foam ( 25 + mm)
C/ you're not wearing the free high heels that came in the box.
:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tug,

It's funny you've chosen Norwegian products, they might be more applicable to Silva, especially now that he's gotten bloody fast.

However, no meal is complete without ice-cream followed by a spoonful of codliver oil - at least if you're Norwegian. They're a healthy bunch our norwegian friends. I think Silva has started to take a double dose of the stuff, that's why he is gotten over his inhibitions on the track...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yes

Well done Tug :( The fact that Mcp and his wife and daughter are blonde is a tad of a giveaway.
Ok ok i know they're all scandihooligans :twofinger

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Norway, Finland, Sweeden, Ice Land...

Its all the same isnt it, your all fair skined, fair haired, naturalist alcoholics arnt you:D
There is s serious limit to the sponsorship potential in the frozen north mate, Volvo aint gonna go near bike sponsorship and Hawian Tropic isnt exactly a big seller when you have six months of darkness:twofinger
Does this mean Im not hired:crying:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Gone but not forgotten

Hey, YP,

Don't think that just because I am overseas that I can't redcorate your wheels...

Gauloises colours I hear!!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Im on the case now

How about this........
Its the right color and I think the right national origin
:squid: No free burgers this time but your pit will look fantastic with a crap sofa and lights that you cant buy bulbs for any where else:D

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
TOP WORK!

I think you have hit the proverbial nail there Tug...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Re: Im on the case now

Tug said:
How about this........
Its the right color and I think the right national origin
:squid: No free burgers this time but your pit will look fantastic with a crap sofa and lights that you cant buy bulbs for any where else:D
Funnily enough my colours are almost exactly the IKEA ones. Now that's a great idea, I'll just approach old Ingvar and ask him for a bit of dosh in return for displaying a few stickers. I'm sure he'll agree or he might point out that I've saved so much money by buying IKEA furniture that it should be enough to last me a season or two.

I think we are getting a bit carried away from my initial query, is there a point in having a high seat for racing? It seems it does the opposite to "mass centralization", 1-4 the road where are you?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah the ground clearance might be one thing.

Just guessing here but maybe it allows for after market under seat end cans or larger diameter pipes! ( heat radiation clearance issues)

5 cm seems a big difference thou:crying:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I need some too

Blue Catt said:
where a picture of the ikeamobile though YP?

'spect you'll be after some simple green to keep it clean !!!
Im gagging to see it you old fart, hurry up and get the pics up:D

Simple green for me please, how many bottles do you have?
Ill collect from you when Im back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: I need some too

Tug said:
Simple green for me please, how many bottles do you have?
Ill collect from you when Im back.

What are you gonna clean with it, ya faaaarking toilet?

Or has someone bought a bike?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: Re: I need some too

FlymoJoe said:
What are you gonna clean with it, ya faaaarking toilet?

Or has someone bought a bike?
My knob :eyebrows:

Mountain bike, Jeep and who knows what else:dunno:
Bike still under consideration:crying:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts