Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hm.... well now I'm in a pickle... I gotta make up my mind between which I want more LOL...

new race bodywork for my F4i

or

a colt45 or kimber .... :p


E.
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would really like to get me a colt 45 like my Dad's service pistol... but I hear (from numerous folks) Kimbers are the new wave for quality :2cents:

I'm tempted to even look at those Para Ordnance with the high capacity clip holdin grips :drool: sure would be nice to have 14 rounds ready to go.....

James.. ain't gonna get rid of my PSE.. she takes down anything in my sights just fine :twofinger and what she don't my thirty aught six will ;)


E.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Get the gun, then shoot someone with the race plastics you want. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Kimber and Para-Ordnance are about equal quality-wise. I personally like the feel of the Paras myself..... I've got a Tac-Four..... Can't go wrong with 13 rds of .45 ACP on-tap, and that's the small double-stack!!

Race plastics are nice, but do they get any less scratched than the ones that are on it already?

-Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
kimber

get the kimber love them!! had a colt gold cup and had nothing but problems with it. everybody else I know that has a kimber has nothing bad to say about them either
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,998 Posts
gijoecam said:

Race plastics are nice, but do they get any less scratched than the ones that are on it already?

-Joe
Not when E's at the track :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
Hmmm.
Top quality would go to Les Baer or Wilson.
Springfield makes a very nice 1911 45 Government model for only $510. It is like a real, military issue 45 which means that it is build slightly loose so that it will rattle somewhat when shaken. This is fine as it will still function after being dropped in the dirt.

A real "tight" 45 will have tack-driving accuaracy but can often get hung up on a grain of sand. But they are designed to be super accurate and not dropped in the sand.

High end 45 Government style 45's can cost $4,500 and up. A very nice one can be $2400.

The normal range is close to $800-$1200 for a new one.

However, one can get nice used 45's and then replace the tube, shroud and springs and make a very accurate one for under $350. A little throating work and some quality magazines and you are good to go.

However, you should know that once you get one 45, well, you just have to get more, in all kinds of flavors.

I have several Para's and they are fine pistols. It would depend on what you want to do as a true Colt style 45 is a single action pistol as are the Wilson's and Baer's while Para makes both single and double action pistols. You might like one style more than the other for certain activities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
kimber will give you the same accuracy that YOU would get out of a wilson or Les Baer....the kimber will serve you fine ...i would reccomend the Glock 36...singlestack 7rnd clip and just as accurate as your kimber in the right hands...i have carried both for several years and they are both great guns but bang for the buck the glock will out perform and outlast anything out there in the price range....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
DreamRyder said:
I would really like to get me a colt 45 like my Dad's service pistol... but I hear (from numerous folks) Kimbers are the new wave for quality :2cents:

I'm tempted to even look at those Para Ordnance with the high capacity clip holdin grips :drool: sure would be nice to have 14 rounds ready to go.....

James.. ain't gonna get rid of my PSE.. she takes down anything in my sights just fine :twofinger and what she don't my thirty aught six will ;)


E.
PSE..............PARTS SCATTER EVERYWHERE ! Get a Mathews
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
While there are endless debates that go on between Tupperware and real guns, E had stated that she was interested in a 45 like her father's military one. Glocks do not fall into that category.

Some Glocks are nice for some, not for others.

A true military Colt 45 style pistol could be either an Ithica, Springfield or Colt. Also maybe a Westinghouse (WW II makers during the war).

In today's military, I do not know who makes the 45. I think they are actually offering a new contract up again.

There are other nice 45's out there that are not replicas of the military issue 45, but I did not list those as you did not request them.

Ultimately, all that is important is what fits your hand the best, what you shoot the best and what inspires your confidance the most.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I have had my springfield 1911A1 for a few years now and put a god awfull amount of rounds thru it with out any problem except wearing out a few chep mags but got some 8rd wilson combats now and haven't had any problems except a full size can be big and heavy wearing around.:2cents:
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mathews are for fags :twofinger now get off my PSE fellas... or I'll be forced to robin hood your asses :moon:

back on topic here.. I've shot a couple 9 mil Glocks and they are fun! and I ain't too bad with them ... fit's my hand real nice.. (I have big hands for a girl) but my heart belongs to colts but I have been warned that the old style and the new style are the ones to get if I do.. that the mid manf. ones lost their reliability when they tried to worry more about mass prod. than quality and that Kimber kinda took over about that time.. I've never shot a Kimber and would like to... a freind at work says he's got about 17 different hand guns and several comparable to my dads Colt 45, I believe it's the 1911 (he was in service from 1953 to 1978.. I'm not sure if it was a standard issue at the time for MP's or if he got something special because he was on the shooting team... ) My freind said he'll let me give some of his a try and see how I like them... I just can't get myself to buy something that I've never shot before.. to me it's kinda like marrying someone that you've never had sex with :2cents: LOL

I don't think I want to go polymer .. I think I want to go stainless steel (the dont' rust factor is nice in addition to it's purdy - lol... )

I was raised shooting my Dad's and it was very natural and comfortable.. but then again I like the more rounds idea and I know that would be a different feel as well as more weight.. my fingers are more than long enough though to reach around the larger grip and still be secure...

I'm interested in this gun for target shooting not personal protection... so the adjustable target sites are interesting as well... hmm.... so many damn choices.. if someone would just piped up with an awesome deal that I couldnt' refuse and be done with it that would settle all my indicisions.. or my Dad could just give me his now instead of giving it to me in his will :D

thanks everyone for your input... unfortunately even once I decide on which model of hand gun I'm gonna go with.. I still am torn between gettin the race bodywork.. cuz the stock set on there now have so many broken tabs from when I bought it it really should be changed out.. and I said I would after the end of this season LOL...

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
DreamRyder said:
mathews are for fags :twofinger now get off my PSE fellas... or I'll be forced to robin hood your asses :moon:

back on topic here.. I've shot a couple 9 mil Glocks and they are fun! and I ain't too bad with them ... fit's my hand real nice.. (I have big hands for a girl) but my heart belongs to colts but I have been warned that the old style and the new style are the ones to get if I do.. that the mid manf. ones lost their reliability when they tried to worry more about mass prod. than quality and that Kimber kinda took over about that time.. I've never shot a Kimber and would like to... a freind at work says he's got about 17 different hand guns and several comparable to my dads Colt 45, I believe it's the 1911 (he was in service from 1953 to 1978.. I'm not sure if it was a standard issue at the time for MP's or if he got something special because he was on the shooting team... ) My freind said he'll let me give some of his a try and see how I like them... I just can't get myself to buy something that I've never shot before.. to me it's kinda like marrying someone that you've never had sex with :2cents: LOL

I don't think I want to go polymer .. I think I want to go stainless steel (the dont' rust factor is nice in addition to it's purdy - lol... )

I was raised shooting my Dad's and it was very natural and comfortable.. but then again I like the more rounds idea and I know that would be a different feel as well as more weight.. my fingers are more than long enough though to reach around the larger grip and still be secure...

I'm interested in this gun for target shooting not personal protection... so the adjustable target sites are interesting as well... hmm.... so many damn choices.. if someone would just piped up with an awesome deal that I couldnt' refuse and be done with it that would settle all my indicisions.. or my Dad could just give me his now instead of giving it to me in his will :D

thanks everyone for your input... unfortunately even once I decide on which model of hand gun I'm gonna go with.. I still am torn between gettin the race bodywork.. cuz the stock set on there now have so many broken tabs from when I bought it it really should be changed out.. and I said I would after the end of this season LOL...

E.

I guess im the only guy /girl in his MOTORCYCLE forum to say get the plastics..:rolleyes:
:D

Then i say.
Who the hell needs 14 rounds in one magazine.
IF a reapeater dont rattle dont buy.
Glocks are garbage, safty triggers are for assholes ,Kids, and gangsta's.
If your compareing a kimber and a colt you dont need the kimber.
How many pistols do you and your father have?
How many sets of plastics do you have?
If you want a fun extemely acurrate auto pistol spend 200 bones on a ruger 22/45 then call jay and get yer plastic and a couple sets of rubber.. Less money than a kimber..


:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
Cuz :2cents: aint worth shit....:)

Oh yeah. Edited cuz Para's are gaaaarrrbbbbaaaagge and always have been..
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wickedrr said:
I guess im the only guy /girl in his MOTORCYCLE forum to say get the plastics..:rolleyes:
:D

Then i say.
Who the hell needs 14 rounds in one magazine.
IF a reapeater dont rattle dont buy.
Glocks are garbage, safty triggers are for assholes ,Kids, and gangsta's.
If your compareing a kimber and a colt you dont need the kimber.
How many pistols do you and your father have?
How many sets of plastics do you have?
If you want a fun extemely acurrate auto pistol spend 200 bones on a ruger 22/45 then call jay and get yer plastic and a couple sets of rubber.. Less money than a kimber..


:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
Cuz :2cents: aint worth shit....:)

Oh yeah. Edited cuz Para's are gaaaarrrbbbbaaaagge and always have been..
me being the lazy person that don't like to reload clips - would like the 14 rounds idea :p but not a must just like to compare the feel to see if it's worth it... keep in mind this is for target shooting not self defense... if it was for SD I'd only need 1 round LOL j/k

my father 1 his colt
me 1 S&W 44 revolver
plastics - stock and that's it lol

thanks for the .2 on it all... everything here will be weighted in when I get my hands on the above choices and see which ones fit my hand and my comfort level best then I'll look at price and opinions :thumb:

E.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top