Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was surfing the net for info on the R6 and i came across a page that showed the R1, R6, and an R7. Its pretty nice and a 750cc bike. Is this available in the US or just overseas?

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Yes it's available but with a very high price tag similar to the Honda RC 45 of past. I think they are over $30K. Nice bike but it should be. :)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
193 Posts
Only 40 were imported in 99. You had to submit a racing resume to get on the purchase list. They sold for $28,000 and only came with 100 hp. The race kit cost near $8000 and increased hp to 160+. I've found a couple R7's with lights for sale on E-bay. I've only heard about 1 R7 streetbike in the US though. Rumors are that Yamaha might be building a cheaper version of the R7 for street use in the US. Hopefully about $9500 or so. Losing all the trick titanium and magnesium parts should make it cheaper.

------------------
Rob
97 YZF750R
93 CBR F2 (race)
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it also apprears that if you're a celebrity, you can get them (go figure). a few months ago amasuperbike.com said that ben afflack (sp?) has one. but then again, it's not like the amasuperbike.com crew hasn't been wrong before.

the r7 i saw on ebay was up to 34,000 w/o hitting the reserve price.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Tony,

I have heard that rumor elsewhere. I was going to post it but couldn't remember which one of the actors bought it. ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i'm like 95% sure it's ben afflack (sp?) i can't keep track of those guys either. it could be on of the other teen heart throbs, but i'm like 95% sure it's that one.

for some reason a lot of these pretty boys are into motorcycles (god help us, it's not like we don't already have a bad image). :eek:

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Ben's the one I heard had it. :)

I hear Fabio has some nice bikes. :eek:

Lyle Lovitt(sp) I believe has one of the MVs to go along with his Ducatis and nuverous other machines. I've been told that he does some of the bike runs in the Nashville area and that he is a pretty down-to-Earth and nice guy. Never met him myself.

If he gets in the RC 51's way I'll have to "put him in the wall". ;) :D A little NASCAR humor. :)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
275 Posts
I do remember several R7's being sold to the general public. Seems the stipulations to buy one didn't stick. Just the price, the ones I was told about had an asking price of $32,000. They were out there and available regardless of all the pre-sale hype of racers only just not in great numbers.

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ben Affleck (with an "e")

Mike Tyson bought a Ducati 916 and had to hire someone to show him how to ride it. What a waste.

------------------

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R6Racer:
What a waste.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and the bike, too.

------------------
Pete
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
snip... Lyle Lovitt(sp) I believe has one of the MVs to go along with his Ducatis and nuverous other machines. I've been told that he does some of the bike runs in the Nashville area and that he is a pretty down-to-Earth and nice guy. Never met him myself...snip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, he owns a m/c dealership here in Houston, Lyle Lovett Motorsports. In addition to Japanese bikes, I believe he deals in Aprilia and MV. Been meaning to drop by there to check it out. He calls Houston home, and yes, I have heard too that he is a genuinely nice guy. Why he let Julia Roberts go, though, I'll never understand.

------------------
Pete
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R6Racer:
Ben Affleck (with an "e")

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry r6 didn't know you were such a big fan. :)

just kidding.

------------------
Tony

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Mike Tyson with a 916. Damn! :rolleyes:

I can just hear him on the Boulevard. "Hey how you like my nine-thixteen I wanted a nine-ninety-thix but there wuzzant any abailable" ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
Mike Tyson with a 916. Damn! :rolleyes:

I can just hear him on the Boulevard. "Hey how you like my nine-thixteen I wanted a nine-ninety-thix but there wuzzant any abailable" ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if you don't like ma nine-thickteen, I'll rip yo heart out and eat yo chirren.

------------------
Pete

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
And if you don't like ma nine-thickteen, I'll rip yo heart out and eat yo chirren.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote lennox lewis, i thought he was a vegetarian.

------------------
Tony

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Look at this crap.. We need to open up a
Pete and JonRC forum... We'll call it the
"Man Show".

Hehe. I'm funny..(Shut up.. I'm good looking
too). :D

Chris :p :cool: :p

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Chris,

We would call it the "Man Show" but it might offend all of the Yamaha riders. :rolleyes: :D :D

Just kidding, Yamahas are cool. ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

G

·

Just kidding, Yamahas are cool. ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but the owners negate the coolness. :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
22 Posts
As far as the R7 goes.... I saw an article in Performance Bikes late last year. The compared a few bikes, one Was a GSXR 750, and I think a Duc 748 race model. Anyway the R7 was good on the track, but they said it was simply NOT STREET RIDEABLE. Gearing was one of the major points. There were others. Sure I'd like to have one collecting dust in my garage, because they are so rare, but I'd never buy one as a street bike.

------------------
Jason / Arcanum
AFM #109W

1 - 20 of 25 Posts