Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what yall guys think a 00 R6 with a slip on exhaust vs a 93 rx7 with some work done to it.... probly around 350hp at the wheels

50mph roll on?

80mph roll on?

100mph roll on?

·
Registered
925 Posts
:rolleyes:

Mr.Springdale said:
I feel I’m fully capable of a R6.

Please give me some reason why I’m not.....

Is this thread reason enough?

P.S- Racing isn`t a stunt.

·
Registered
250 Posts
350hp??? Unless you're a PROFESSIONAL rider dont even think about touching it. If you think you're capable of handling an R6, you're not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
y is it not takes alot of skill to race and plus the drag racing isnt very popular

rx7 w/350rwhp

and i just wanted to see what yalls thoughts were cuz theres this r6 that wants to race my bro.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
i raced a juices camaro ss, w/ an LS1 from a 70 mph roll-on, & i was impressed by the car a little, but def. didnt beat my bike ..
i have a 94 zx7r w/ slip on, k&n, & jetkit

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ah. I see. You're just curious about the bike vs a car and I'm thinking R7, not RX-7. Put it this way, on my F4i I've beat a dodge viper twin turbo with no problems. If its not a 6 digit car, it wont beat a modern, stock, 600. (nitrous cars excluded)
For the most part cars only have us on top speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats y i was asking about it on a roll on cuz theres no way a car would have a chance the other way but idk itll be close once the fella down the street gets his bike out for the summer

·
Registered
15 Posts
are you sure it takes 6 digits to beat a 6hun. I've seen some ballsy supras and things of that nature that didn't take too much money to build

·
Registered
250 Posts
The 6 figure thing is a rule of thumb. I know there are plenty of cars out there that can beat a 600cc supersport, but overall they are incredibly few and far between.
For my area I know of 2 cars that didnt cost mondo money MSRP that can for sure do it. One is a sponsored demo car the other is an old muscle car, mad max style. Showed off for one of my friends on the freeway one time. He was on a 600 ninja with about a 20mph head start. The guy punched the throttle. My friend didnt even bother to try to keep up. Some rich, old, happy guy.
If you want a better firgure I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find a car that would cost less that 50k, list price with labor, to build that could run the sub 3 second 0-60 and 10 second range 1/4 mile.
Different worlds though. My little rocket cost less than 10 grand and I'd take a ride on it over a ride in a million dollar car.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
vigis said:
Ah. I see. You're just curious about the bike vs a car and I'm thinking R7, not RX-7. Put it this way, on my F4i I've beat a dodge viper twin turbo with no problems. If its not a 6 digit car, it wont beat a modern, stock, 600. (nitrous cars excluded)
For the most part cars only have us on top speed.
Hmmmmmmm.... You beat it what.. off the line? I've seen R1s struggle against STOCK vipers - let alone a twin turbo. I'm callin' :bs:

As for the RX-7, it all depends. The stock 1993-95 RX-7 (Touring Package) came with twin turbos - One small one for the low revs and a large one for top end. Many quarter mile guys change these out for one large T4/T3 Hybrid turbo. Most likely the R6 should beat RX-7 all around if the rider is good and the RX-7's turbo configuration is still stock.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bike vs Car!

OK, now i will call B.S. A completely stock 600r sport bike will out probably any street car running around your town!

Here is some food for thought,

Kawasaki's 1/4 mile time for the 04' zx6r is about 10.5sec

So with a decent rider the bike can prob pull off low 10's (10.2 or 10.3)

Stock viper on good day, 12.2 at best'

viper with light mods and supercharger with 5 pounds boost 10.5 at best

viper with light mods and 200 shot NOS, 10.3 at best.

This is drag racing from stop to 1/4 mile, as far as racing from roll on, who gives a shit! Hell lets keep trying untill we find 1 area where the car might have a small advantage!

long storie short, i have seen it a hundred times, (every time someone thinks they have a fast car) it takes 1 extremely bad ass street car to hang with a completely stock(not even exhaust) 600 r sport bike!

p.s. here is where you can find 1/4 mile times on about 40 different vipers.

www.dragtimes.com/browse3.php?carmake=Dodge&carmodel=Viper

·
Registered
250 Posts
I freely admit, once you start modding cars its a different contest but from personal experience I beat a Viper with a twin tubo system. He had about 20mph on me and I went from a dead stop. Was the closest I've been to not beating a car but still, not too impressed. Not saying that it was a 900hp setup or even a worthy driver.
And I've seen that video. That car has alot more than just a paxton supercharger. Include at least a full exuast kit from headers to muffler. A race build on the engine, maybe even been bored out some.
I notice that the only bike it can hang with is the STOCK Busa.
Willing to bet if you saw an R1 struggle against a stock Viper its purely due to the rider. A stock '03 R1 can run a 10.1. Thats better than 2 seconds on the stock viper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts