Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 R6 seems to be having a problem finding first when I down shift. If I don't down shift all the way to first when I stop, I pull in the clutch and roll up to the sign shifting down, and it just keeps going. Is this going to be a big problem in the future? It seems to shift kind of hard when up shifting, but it has done that since I got the bike. Is this typical of Yamahas?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's typical of Yamaha that yes, they're clunky and require a hard stroke to shift, sometimes it gets stuck in neutral. But it's not consistent, some of the models shift just fine, and some are bad apples.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Z_Fanatic said:
It's typical of Yamaha that yes, they're clunky and require a hard stroke to shift, sometimes it gets stuck in neutral. But it's not consistent, some of the models shift just fine, and some are bad apples.
i guess you can call it " The luck of the draw" let someone ( technician) take a look and listen, just like the doctor with bad news, always get a second opinion

·
Registered
13 Posts
My R6 sometimes wont go into first gear after a stop. When I stop, I have to roll back a foot or so and then tap it down to first. But it seems to usually occur when I have been crusing in 6th gear before the stop. It doesn't always happen though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts