Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know apples and oranges comparison, however, i have never owned a 600cc bike and think it may be lot of fun?

any rc51 owners out there?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
RC-51 of course. :D

Seriously, it is an apples and oranges comparison pretty much. Neither is very comfortable but the R6 probably has the nod as being a little more comfortable. If you ride a lot of tight twisty roads then either is a blast. If you like high speed sweepers and the roar of a V-twin then the RC is the one to go with. The RC-51 will hold its value better than just about anything right now. The blue book value for the '00 RC-51 is greater than the MSRP was. Go figure. I haven't seen the blue book myself but was told that it said that. The RC is quite a bit more than the R6 though. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
i rode with a guy last year that has a R6, he said that he got tired of it and wanted to get a RC51 this year. thats my 2cents :eek:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just sold my 929
i have had many bikes
riding since i was 16
just never had a sporty 6
400s, 750s, 929, 1000...etc etc etc
sounds reaaaaaaaaaaaal good to me

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm gonna have to hand out my standard advice here:
When in doubt, go with the Honda.
You're welcome.:D

edit: OK, I just noticed that this post is 2 months old :rolleyes: so you've probably bought the RC51 already (right?). But either way, my original advice still stands for anyone who can benefit from it.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts