1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
LuckyStrike said:

apparently there are legal to buy alternatives like freeze-12 (also on Ebay)
R-12 is still legal to buy and use if you can find it. It is hard to find and extremely expensive since it is no longer manufactured.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You can go to walmart, and buy a new replacement R-12, just put it in, it is compatable with the old freon, so no need to vacum down system, and no nbeed to change anything.

Also, i used to work for Mcmullen oil, out of clearwater, FL. they sell what they call chillit, it is also a drop in replacement.
You will not get the old stuff, and if you could, why? The new stuff, is safer for environment, and works better.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have been using ES-12A in my last few vehicles. It is a second generation, non-regulated freon replacement. Works very well! Its doesn't form an acid when mixed with water in the system, so you can slap it in without changing your filter drier. It is compatible with both ester and pag oils, so it is a drop in replacement for any system.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
134 is better for the environment, but r12 is proven to get colder. I was going to reply this morning, but had to leave early for work. There's a way you can get a license to purchase the r12, and I found the link on google by using "r12 michigan".

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
GPZRider said:
R-12 is still legal to buy and use if you can find it.
AND are licensed to do so, but that seems like a little much to do vs buying a replacement product. :2cents:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts