Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for opinions on what the bike is like as I'm thinking of ditching the Duc and getting a Boxer Cup Replica.

I know they're very different types of bikes but I'm thinking the Beamer will be a better fit for my riding style these days - I can easily cover 300 miles in a day and it's usually a fair mix between freeways and twisties. The Duc is giving me some serious pains in the left wrist since I went down a few months ago and I don't think new bars are going to sort it out.

I tested a R1100S and the only thing so far has been the vibration from the pegs when the engine revs pick up; has anybody found a solution to this / found it bothersome over longer distances ?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
All beamers young and old seem to have that "buzz", especially at that low to mid 60mph range. Even the K100's have it.
It wasn't until BMW spent some time going back to the drawring board and came up with the K1200's did they finally get it right.
I never did get used to having my finger tips and feet go numb.
You should test ride a K1200RS, but be warned, it'll spoil you forever...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did test ride a R1200RS and it was soooo smooth !. A little more touring than what I'm after though and I favour twins over 4-cyclinders.

Also managed to swing a longer test ride some time next week (20 mins is hardly enough!) so I'll be able to tell if the vibes are really going to bug me.

BTW, has anybody ever managed to get discounts off the list price - they seem pretty unwilling to drop it.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts