Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any R1 owners out there who have run against ZX10 in drag race....or on curves. Will it keep up with the Kaw either way??
I hear it lacks torque. I love the look and will buy one if performance close to the kaw. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
sinister988 said:
Better rider will be faster. ....and you'll both lose to the highly skilled rider on the 600.
Yep. Read any comparison review (i.e. Cycle World's September 2004 'The Great ZX-10R Challenge' article: 600s, Ducatis, and 1000s. The best laps:

600s: [email protected]:56.065
1000s: [email protected]:55.119

That's a one second difference.....using professional racers. Real world there won't be a difference, unless it's straight line, and even then it will come down to the better racer, as dragging is about a better launch, hitting your peak revs, maximizing shifts, etc.

Pick the bike that's better for you, because these days the bikes are just so damn good and fast that it's irrelevant.

Oh, and the GSX-R750 ran a 1:55.696, with 14 riders running their best lap aboard it versus only 9 riders running their best lap on the ZX-10R (15 riders total: 14 of 15 in the middleweight (Superbike) class for the GSX-R750, 9 of 15 riders for the 10R in the literbike (Superstock) class). :thumb: :2cents:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts