Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was sent to me by a coworker. He rides a '02 R1, and the video was taken last Saturday on Pellissippi parkway in Knoxville, TN.

I edited it for size to show just the pertinent segment. Notice the flashing headlights of the oncoming bike trying to warn our hero off. The cruiser sitting on the median is an Alcoa PD car, from what I could make out of the paint job. Watch the speedo, indicated speed as he goes by Johnny Law is 168mph.

No, the cruiser did not follow him. Lucky bastard.

Obligatory disclaimer: of course I don't condone breaking the law in such a dashing fashion.

http://216.227.40.145/files/pellissippi.wmv

For those of you with broadband connections, the full-length video is three times as long and includes a 180mph run on the same stretch of road, minus law enforcement encounter.

http://216.227.40.145/files/pellissippi2.wmv

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Well when i checked those links, 10pm est, they were both broken.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was able to see the videos, very scary! Fun to watch though. I'll give him credit for that. This guy is an irresponsible nutcase. Perhaps the reason the cruiser didnt follow is they often leave cruisers empty with a dummy inside to deter people from speeding in the southeastern states. Dont know about the rest of the country but I drive through there a few times a year and I see that every time. Thanks for posting the video.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I keep getting this message.

"Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again."

Damnit i wanna see the nutcase too:(

·
Registered
591 Posts
Who's zoomin' who?

lendringser said:
This was sent to me by a coworker. He rides a '02 R1, and the video was taken last Saturday on Pellissippi parkway in Knoxville, TN.
Methinks somebody is yanking somebody's chain. Not that this stuff makes much difference to me, but the dash on that bike looks like a GSXR, not an R1.
AFA being recorded last Saturday, I downloaded this video from bikemovies.com 'bout 8 months ago. :eek:

·
Registered
492 Posts
if you regularily check out the videos at www.sportbikes.dhs.org then you will have seen this clip a bunch before. It is pretty much a standard to be added in videos that guys make with Adobe or whatever. The dude's riding on a GSXR1000 blows by cop.

·
Registered
205 Posts
'bout dummies in cop cars

I was once headed from south florida to Tally and on the way traffic came to a complete stop three times. After sitting on 75 for 30 minutes i finally get to the "incident" that was causing this jam.....one of the cop cars with a Safe-T guy in the seat. As soon as we passed it traffic picked right back up, yet, as i mentioned, this happened 2 more times on 75, both for the same reason.....so, which cars are the dummies really in???

·
Registered
580 Posts
In my experience the cruisers with dummies in them are usually placed in a prominent location where they can be easily seen, and not necessarily (? spellun ? ) in the best location to intercept speeders. All the ones Ive seen have light colored blank faces, but by the time you are close enough to see that its too late if you were actually speeding. I've also noticed that they usually have a counterpart to it for the lanes going the other way that you will see a few miles down the road. Too bad if you cant see the video, keep trying. It worked for me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
kvpZX9R said:
if you regularily check out the videos at www.sportbikes.dhs.org then you will have seen this clip a bunch before. It is pretty much a standard to be added in videos that guys make with Adobe or whatever. The dude's riding on a GSXR1000 blows by cop.
This is true. I saw this at www.bikemovies.com about 3 months ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts