Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catch the latest issue of Sports Illustrated? There's an article on a professional golfer with a nice picture of him standing by his R1 Yamaha. At first I thought, "Cool, earlier this year they had a picture of Steve Rapp's endo (even though they said he 'washed out' instead of something more appropriate) and now here's a picture of a guy and his bike!" Reading further, it's apparent that SI has no access to any information regarding motorcyles. According to them, the R1 is the "fastest bike made". My condolences to you slowpokes with Blackbirds, ZX-12s and Hayabusas; you bought the wrong piece of machinery.

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

S

·
0 Posts
Or two tone purple '89 Ex500's :D :p

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
They said that because they saw me and AZ
Scott out there lapping everybody. :D

Chris :p :cool: :p

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
They said that because they saw me and AZ
Scott out there lapping everybody.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but that's only because you were racing against the YSR50 class! ;)

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sportbikeworld:
Yes, but that's only because you were racing against the YSR50 class! ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Robert!? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(Yeah,well, errr it was expert class :D)

------------------

·
Registered
275 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tigerblade:
My condolences to you slowpokes with Blackbirds, ZX-12s and Hayabusas; you bought the wrong piece of machinery. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know I don't think it could have been said any better!

------------------
RLJ3RD
"Those whom the gods would destroy they first make proud"

·
Registered
292 Posts
That statement is arguably true when you throw corners into the mix...for stock production bikes, of course. Aww, hell, I'll come out and say it: The fastest bike on the road is whichever one I'm on! :D

------------------
"You must be fast 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you"

1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mashuri:
Aww, hell, I'll come out and say it: The fastest bike on the road is whichever one I'm on! :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mashuri, did you ever find that special helmet you were looking for? You know, the XXXXXL one to fit that head of yours. :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Pete - ROFLMAO!!

Actually I purchased a special ego-sensative
helment that expands with the amount of
compliments I get about my riding abilities.
Lately, I've been having trouble fitting
in small tunnels and under bridges.
Mashuri you too may want to concider such an
investment :D

Chris

------------------

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited October 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet in Spaceballs:
"I bet she gives great helmet!" :D :D :D

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

·
Registered
292 Posts
To be honest I haven't found a helmet to fit me yet. No matter...I'm too good to ever crash anyway.

·
Registered
468 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mashuri:
No matter...I'm too good to ever crash anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Famous last words. R.I.P.

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I hope you realize I'm just kidding, Rossco. I wear about $1,800.00 worth of protection (custom Bates leathers w/ Bohn armor+back protector, Alpinestars boots, Tourmaster race gloves, Shoei X-Tec helmet) and hope I never have to use any of it! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Z06??? All I can say is get it, get it, GET IT!!! Everyone I talk to loves theirs. I personally have to have a drop-top but I know I'm sacrificing some performance in return. Have you been to the Corvette Forum? Go there if you haven't. Any questions you have about ANYTHING concerning Vette's will be answered on that board.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/

------------------
"You must be fast 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you"

1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

P

·
0 Posts
I hope you realize I'm just kidding, Rossco. I wear about $1,800.00 worth of protection (custom Bates leathers w/ Bohn armor+back protector, Alpinestars boots, Tourmaster race gloves, Shoei X-Tec helmet) and hope I never have to use any of it! :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank goodness, Mashuri, I thought you were a squid! JUST KIDDING!!! :D :D

BTW, Mashuri, can you say "Z06"? I am drooling big-time over that one, and the wife is all for it!

------------------
Pete

P

·
0 Posts
Mashuri, I'll do that, thanks.

------------------
Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts