Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...how does everyone else remove the splatters,that always come,after you lube your chain,that decorate your rear rim?? :confused: My rim is a painted one.(Naturally,I try to not over-lube the chain!) :)
Thanks!!

JIM

------------------
"Adults are just kids who owe money."

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have used WD40 and Simple Green. Both work very well. The Simple Green takes less work and does not make the tire slippery if any gets on it.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
40 tickets now. I need a Hayabusa!
I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher, have you seen one?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by His_Suzuki:
The Simple Green takes less work and does not make the tire slippery if any gets on it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactly why I use Simple Green.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
104 Posts
WD-40 takes off anything, including paint. Found that out when I sprayed it on my centerstand (don't laugh...I don't need to spend $$$ on a rear-wheel stand) when it got caked with chain lube after a tune-up at the dealer. Lousy frickin' dealership.....when they lube the chain, they LUBE the chain. And the rear wheel, swingarm, disk, chain guard, fender, and the seat. I sprayed the WD on the stand, and hosed it off. The paint came right off too. Repainted the centerstand.

I'm thinking of losing it though; as much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it when it comes time to wash the bike, it's the first thing that touches ground when really cranked over. It drags very hard. Hard enough to "bump" the bke off of it's line thru a corner. Scaary stuff.

Oh yeah, the question! I use regular soap and water. Simple Green is awesome stuff though.

------------------
Cosmo
"You have some options to choose from: You can lead, you can follow, or you can get out of the way!"

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you use WD40 its easier and cleaner to spray the WD40 on a RAG (not directly on the wheel) that way the stuff wont go all over and you have control over how much you are using and where you use it. You spray it on the wheel and you just made a mess.

------------------
Fear Oil.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I usually end up spraying some Formula 409 on a paper towel and then wipe the wheel while I rotate it on its centerstand. So far so good, and it hasn't ruined the paint either.

But then again, I use Maxima chain wax and not much comes off anyway.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts