Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard the rumor about Microsoft buying the Qwest internet accounts. I don't beilieve it has happend yet or if it will happen at all. All I know is if it does happen my family will be dropping Qwest as our ISP. My father can not stand Microsoft. He does not even have a Windows OS anymore, He uses Linux.
The real complaint here is that the ISP will become like the rest of thier products, it will crash constantly and they will want money for every bit of data processed. There is also a rumor that Microsoft want to make it so they can see where you go on the internet. They claim it is for marketing only, YEA RIGHT!

Tell me your opinions of this rumored process. How do feel about Microsoft being the ISP?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Crap!

I use MSN now and hate it...They just dropped all of their DSL customers...No more MSN DSL!...They gave them ike a few months of free dial up....it sux!

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Have you guys looked in to Sprint? The have satelite service for like 49 a month. 1.5 upload and 2 meg download. Only downside, you have to have a tower installed on your roof. If you are in an apartment, you are screwed.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
As a Qwest employee, I sure hope they don't sell off such an incredibly profitable part of the business! Nothing would really surprise me, but I'd bet if anything you'll see a "marketing agreement" type of thing instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts