Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Quiet' performance exhaust :wtf:
I know..

The reason I ask is I am on my universities Formula SAE team. (we build a car powered by a 600cc sportbike engine and compete nationally.) We use a honda f4i and are looking for something that is as unrestrictive as possible, yet quiet enough to pass our sound regulations. (regulated to 110 db). A straight through would be preferred. we have tried the yoshimura stainless RS-3 and with that we are a few db over the limit.

I have little experience with sport bike exhausts, and havent been able to find much of what I am looking for on the web. So I am hoping you guys may have some suggestions on a good straight through that is on the quieter side.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Look at hindle, they have some stealth models.

That said, even the louder exhausts are ussually in the 96-99db range

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I will check them out. Do you know how much louder they are compared to a typical stock f4i exhaust?

Also, the 110 db limit is measured when the engine is reved to ~10k RPM. ( I wasnt to clear about that in my original post)

Does any one have any other sugestions?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Sorry, I never used them, just know they exist.
I believe that normally exhaust note is measured around 3k rpm (also your competition is obviously different). Most aftermarket setups clock in at around 90-99dB while the hindle stealth models come in at around 75dB. You could always email their sales dept. I bet if you try hard enough, you might score a freebie muffler

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
In my personal experience, some of the European exhaust companies seem to have quieter pipes than the ones made stateside or in Japan. It might have something to do with their home countries' regulations.

Anyway, I've noticed that the systems made by Scorpion and by Micron seem to be a bit mellower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hii

I read in one of the blog of quiet exhaust systems about Mugen Twinloop.Try it out ,but before make it sure from any dealer. ..It is a very good, quiet, semi stock looking exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah hindle's 20" Aluminum Oval Exhaust is pretty quiet, its hardley louder than stock i bought one but i cut it in half to make it louder, haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an article saved on my home computer that compares about ten of the leading brands, I'll post it when I get home.

Dynomax Hemi Super Turbos were the quietest in the testing and I believe the best performing. They aren't very expensive either, about $43 a piece from Summit or Jegs.

I haven't seen you post in a while Camaroman, glad to see you're back. Hows the Camaro running? Did you get it to the track??????:twofinger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts