Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I guess it depends on what you call quiet. I think my new HJC AC-11 is fairly quiet but something that was totally quiet would have to be totally sealed to your head. If it was, it'll be totally an oven in the summer heat, too.;) It's a compromise. If the noise is troublesome, wear ear plugs. That's what many riders do. Foam throw aways available in a bag from the drugstore should do the trick.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Like others one needs to use ear plugs & the soft foarm throw-away ones are the best.

With my Shoei, that some claim to be the quitest, I have a soft vinel coin container with 3 or 4 set of ear plugs & one of such container in my 3 major m/c jackets along with some still not opened paper or plastic containers of the soft foam ear plugs in another pocket or two, just in case one hits the dirt, or I can see it is time to replace a set.

Admittely I am a bit of a die-hard when it comes to hearing, but so many well below my age are with hearing aids to even young people in their 20s & 30s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just for the record the KBC Racer-1 is not quiet. Nor is it free from drafts. Wish I would have bought another HJC AC-11. That thing was pretty quiet and nice and soft inside.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got 3 Shoei's (2 X-11's and a RF-900) and by FAR the quietest helmet I've had is.....

a Shark RSF...... no doubt....... Hard to find, but waaaaaayyyyy quieter than any Arai or Shoei I've ever tried.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
My bieffe is really loud. I was planning on getting a new helmet this summer, maybe i'll look at a shoei.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
if you want a loud helmet try a bell. i was amazed when i first tried a shoei.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts